1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Guide For New x10 ownersGeneral

1. MrVeezo

MrVeezo Member

New Guide to x10 Users

JuiceDeffender - Must Have!
    @info
    JuiceDefender saves battery power (lots of it!) by controlling the mobile data connection, WiFi, Background data, Auto Sync and other battery-hungry components

Q.Where to find it ?
    A.Market

Advance Task killer - Must Have!
    @infoOne click to kill applications running background. This one is faster than free version. Features: click to select or unselect the app, long press to activate pop-up menu, Menu>Settings>Notification bar icon, AutoStart Ignore.

Q.Where to find it ?
    A.Market

EStrongs Task Manager - Must Have!
    @info
    Save Battery,Free Memory,Kill
    task,close everything,Uninstall app,Speed up phone

Q.Where to find it ?
    A.Market

Swype - Must Have!
    @info
    Swype, the gesture-based typing tool that makes cellphone text input much, much faster.

Q.Where to find it ?
    A. Swype Official Web
    A.Swype thread

Smart Monitor -Recommended!
    @info
    *App Task Manager:
    (Clear Cache,Kill Process)
    *CPU, Memory usage of System and single App
    *Net Counter:WiFi, 3G, EDGE traffic & alert
    *Battery Widgets
    *Storage
    *net status,IP
    *WiFi ON/OFF, signal
    *setting:Sound, Display, WiFi

Q.Where to find it ?
    A.Market

Barcode Scanner - Recommended!
    @info
    Scan barcodes on CDs, books, and other products, then look up prices and reviews, or search for a word in a book and find where it occurs. You can also scan QR Codes containing URLs, contact info, calendar events, and more. Features: contact sharing, improved QR Code decoding, and added Chinese translation.

Q.Where to find it ?
    A.Market

Meridian - Recommended!
    @info
    Meridian Player Android App is one of the best multimedia players for Android yet! Couples music player with video player, something not offered with the vanilla install on the T-Mobile G1 or Android phone. Meridian Player can playback the following formats: MP3, OGG, MP4, and 3GP.

Q.Where to find it ?
    A.Market

Solution for Battery performance
    Keep you 3G off, don't need it don't use it!
    Discharge your phone completely and charge fully and you will see when battery will lasted much longer.

Please rate and thank me if I helped you, I hope I did :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

From my own usage off the X10 and using all the power save and task killer apps you listed and I have found that the best way to save battery life is not to use any task killers or battery apps as they will always run in the background and there for use battery power and and always draining power and using the cpu.

You can go into the wireless settings and turn off the data & MMS setting to kill off data usage apart from that Androids OS kills any unused apps after you stop using them so no need for a task killer.

Until ver 2.1 comes out we well have to live and deal with a short battery life.
  3. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

i agree with powerkiter about task killer apps. i used to use atk but it just gave me an ocd. of course that was when my x10 used to last half a day. i've owned mine for about a month now and it lasts 24 hours easy with fair use.
    many people say that an alternative home launcher (i'm usind adw launcher, it's fantastic) helps battery life so i have one.
    i also have juice defender. this app is great cuz it turns 3g on in intervals and when the screen is unlocked
  4. stocker

stocker Well-Known Member

I would also add My Lock to that list. It removes the swipe lock on the front screen. You can get it in the market for free.
  5. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

i tried downloading this app after reading your post. and it works i guess if you dont have a lock on your phone. but since i have a lock it removes that too even after rebooting the phone. and sometimes it wouldnt even unlock it. really buggy so i uninstalled it.
  6. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Same problem i had.
  7. stocker

stocker Well-Known Member

Hmm, I haven't had any issues with My Lock at all. But that's not to say I am the exception. Hopefully a better version, or different app will come out. Since it can be done, it likely will happen.