[GUIDE] Get out of Fastboot Mode

Last Updated:

1. BlitzAuto

BlitzAuto Member

I'm having the same problem, being stuck at "waiting for device".
    I've installed the LG drivers that joneidy included with the fastboot download but it's still getting stuck.
    I also tried other drivers downloaded from LG directly and get the same "waiting for device" with each and every one of them.

I'm running Windows7 Ultimate 64bit if that makes any difference?

When I try joneidy's manual driver instal method, it comes up with that drivers not found error as well.

If anyone can help shed some light on this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

joneidy, THANKS BIG TIME for the work you do here!!!

2. Sid J

Sid J New Member

i did just as u said....

everything worked...

but when my lg p500 tried to reboot it stucked at lg logo screen .....

dont know wat to do ???

pls help .....
  3. oscar267

oscar267 New Member

hey i saw your [GUIDE] Get out of Fastboot Mode and followed everything but when i go to cmd and type the fist command it wont work can you please help me. (Lg Optimus T)
  4. pmb116

pmb116 Well-Known Member

This thread is for the optimus m please refer to your phones forums!!
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

hey everyone! If you cant get out of fastboot after typing "fastboot reboot" make sure you unplug your usb chord before the lg screen appears after the screen goes black.
    Hope this helps! =D
  6. itmattersif

itmattersif Member

Worked perfect! Iwas back up and running in about 10 minutes. didn't reflash just restored a nand backup. is there a cwm recovery that will work for the optimus m?
  7. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Yes! You can download ROM Manager and get CWM from there. It will be labeled as lw690 for Cricket, but it is identical and will work (does work, I'm using it currently on mine and my wife's phones) on our ms690 Metro PCS phones. Press the flash CWM twice.
  8. svz235

svz235 Well-Known Member

I followed all the directions and typed all those things in command prompt but every time i type fastboot reboot it goes back to fastboot with the same thing saying "fastboot: proccesing command" what do i do?? please help in god's name im still a newbie at this :'(
  9. pishta

pishta New Member

OK, to get OUT of fastboot mode, when you allow it to reboot, either pull the cable out (as stated, didnt try it) OR press the power, vol down, and home key all together when the screen goes dark and hold until the recover screen comes up. I mess this up twice and finally got it. My phone is now sitting there with the cyanogenmod 7 screen with the android on a skateboard in a circle with an arrow at 9:00, no longer turning.. for about 8 minutes now...hmm. Going to Mickey D's to get a sundae, hope its un-F'd when I get back or its back the fastboot screen and the stock img ROM.
  10. pishta

pishta New Member

nope, still just sitting there so I rebooted and it spun for 13 seconds and is stuck again...Wassup wit dat?
  11. pishta

pishta New Member

OK, installed a simple ROM AplusROM 2.2 and it booted up in about 2 minutes. My CY-7 must be a bad download.
  12. jr6676

jr6676 New Member

Hey sorry to bother but i followed your guide on how to remove the fastboot startup but i messed up at the end. Instead of selecting the rom i chose reboot and now i can't get back to the recovery screen, what can i do? :(
  13. littlelana

littlelana New Member

Ok, so I followed the instructions but when the phone rebooted it just stopped at the LG screen and keeps blinking now...no recovery menu. Any thoughts?
  14. jr6676

jr6676 New Member

If you cant get to boot menu try powering off, hold home+ down volume then power. Hold until another menu comes up which could take like 5 seconds. If nothing helps, download Joneidy's Sense Rom and flash your phone. That's what i did and it worked.
  15. Val21

Val21 Active Member

Android does not show up in device manager and it keeps saying drivers did not install successfully.:(
    at the bottom of the screen it says
    fastboot processing comands?
  16. Val21

Val21 Active Member

OK everything is good to go. Thanks so much for the tutorial.
  17. DannySi

DannySi New Member

hey Sammyz I couldn't reply to you anymore because your inbox is full. I'm stuck on the recovery system menu but don't know what to do. Does anyone know how I can install a custom ROM? That's teh only thing left to do but IDK HOW??

I downloaded sammyz's rom but IDK how to install it. OMG I'M SO CLOSE PLEASE
  18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I deleted everything.....u should be good to PM me now...srry about that
  19. g3abrieland

g3abrieland New Member

i fallowed all the instructions but after pasting "fastboot erase boot" it stays stuck in < waiting for device > and its been like that for the past 20 minutes.

the phone version is right, everything else is where is supposed to be installed.

what am i doing wrong?
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Disconnect phone, take out battery, put battery back in, turn on, reconnect USB.

If that fails, make sure you have the phone drivers installed.

If that fails, disconnect your phone and restart your computer. Then reconnect your phone.

Ik this post is kinda old....
  21. Aelemar

Aelemar Member

After a TON of trouble trying to install the drivers in Windows 7 64-bit:

Instead of installing the drivers shown in the screenshots, instead go into the folder called "64BITADB"

From there, then it's the same as the screenshots.

Thank you very much for the wonderful guide! It saved my M :D
  22. lyubimov

lyubimov Active Member

I had the same problem with my Windows XP, it was saying "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware". Then I used my friend's lap top with Windows 7 and it worked flawlessly. And took less than 10 min:) Thank you Joneidy for that guide. It saved my phone!
  23. racco

racco New Member

i have htc thunderbolt and i would like to know if this work for it or something similar i can use to get out of fastboot please help
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

everything would be the same EXCEPT, find a custom recovery made for your phone and replace the "somefile.img"
    also find the drivers made for your cell phone