• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE]How to install ClockworkMod Recovery with ROM Manager

ah gotca lol. I've not used windows in so long I forget it has lil issues like that lol. Gotta love nix ;)

yeah the more i get back into using it.. the more i think about redoing my pc to full linux.. got it on my netbook, using that for my android developing right now.. have virtualbox on my pc.. i really just need to get a new HDD to put all my crap on.. that way i can have one 250gb for windows, my toher 250gb for linux.. and a storage drive.. lol least then i can dualboot it.. harte setting up everything from scratch.. have so much software on this thing.. reinstalling it all under linux would be just as much as if not a lil more of a pain in the arse.. lol

Upvote 0
yeah the more i get back into using it.. the more i think about redoing my pc to full linux.. got it on my netbook, using that for my android developing right now.. have virtualbox on my pc.. i really just need to get a new HDD to put all my crap on.. that way i can have one 250gb for windows, my toher 250gb for linux.. and a storage drive.. lol least then i can dualboot it.. harte setting up everything from scratch.. have so much software on this thing.. reinstalling it all under linux would be just as much as if not a lil more of a pain in the arse.. lol
yea thats what I do is dualboot with win7 and kubuntu on 2 separate 1TB hdd's :D

Upvote 0
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery with ROM Manager

Install ROM Manager from the market and open it up.

• Press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery

• Pick any of the listed recoveries

• Wait til it finishes downloading

• In a file explorer copy my recovery and navigate to clockworkmod/dowload/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/

• Rename the recovery you just downloaded and add .bak to it.
  • it will look some like: recovery.clockwork.3.0.0.5.phone.img.bak

• Now rename my recovery to the name of the recovery you downloaded exactly. (- the .bak ;))
  • it will look some like: recovery.clockwork.3.0.0.5.phone.img.

• Go back to the main menu

• Press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery again and select the exact same one from the list again. Since its already been downloaded it will just flash it now.

• When its finished it will pop a notice up.

Now with this method the version # will be of the other device's recovery but wont affect any functions.

Changelog

• 9/1/12011 - Rebuilt recovery to fix USB Mass Storage in recovery.

Link

CWM for the Optimus M MS690 and Optimus C LW690.

playful: great build, installed through Rom manager went smoothly Rom manager updated to latest paid version it lets me boot into recovery backup roms seems ok
QUESTIONs
is there a way to backup just the DATA with CWM
and in Rom manger are check for rom updates an download ROMs useless or dangerous to use

Upvote 0
playful: great build, installed through Rom manager went smoothly Rom manager updated to latest paid version it lets me boot into recovery backup roms seems ok
QUESTIONs
is there a way to backup just the DATA with CWM
and in Rom manger are check for rom updates an download ROMs useless or dangerous to use
nah you cant just backup data but you can just restore data etc.

And is that a question about RM or a statement?

My ROM's will be available in RM once koush builds the official CWM and merges it into RM.

Upvote 0
nah you cant just backup data but you can just restore data etc.

And is that a question about RM or a statement?

My ROM's will be available in RM once koush builds the official CWM and merges it into RM.

yeah its a question.. while in Rom manger when i hit download Roms i get options to download

bernard.schratz@gmail//superuser//cerberus//google apps..

jus curious since this recovery is not offical yet could it cause problems

Upvote 0
yeah its a question.. while in Rom manger when i hit download Roms i get options to download

bernard.schratz@gmail//superuser//cerberus//google apps..

jus curious since this recovery is not offical yet could it cause problems
yea that should be fine to install thru it. Shouldnt be any ROMs available tho.

Upvote 0
Is rom manager good for anything else on the optimus besides installing cmw?

it's an easier way to access the interface for the recovery when flashing roms. no having to reboot the phone to recovery press all the options and wait. just a couple clicks phone reboots wammo new rom. Also once the CWM guys get the actual Opt M recovery implemented it will have the roms from PG at least already there to switch to.

Upvote 0
So...im wanting to put CWM on my bros phone but when i press on the "cwm link" it just pops up with a bunch of odd letters. Does anyone have the link to do this? please and thank you

It is better to:
Install ROM MANAGER
Install Optimus C recovery via ROM MANAGER
The method in OP is outdated.

This has been the unexplained method for awhile now.

Reason we use Optimus C recovery:
It is the Optimus M's twin, just a different carrier.

If you need more instructions, I'll post them...as soon as I find my Optimus M :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones