• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] How to Partition Your SD Card

post_old.gif
Today, 08:16 PM

current time is 8:44 pm

it's been over 20minutes since it bricked so i think i'm just going to start out from scratch again

damn :eek:...id be freakin out bro...lol

Upvote 0
damn :eek:...id be freakin out bro...lol

yeah, i did a nandroid backup so hopefully i can just restore the os or evileris 3.0 back to the way i had it then try to do the kernel update then be able to reboot then after that partition the sd card and be able to partition it properly so app2sd work's right. will post up later if i get it working or if i don't.

thx everyone so far

Upvote 0
sorry its real late for me, i need to go to sleep, but did i do sumthing wrong? white widow is workking great...i checked the box and then conect the phone to the computer and copied the backed up s.d. files and pasted it back onto the s.d card. i rebooted afterwards buttt... the only thing on the phone that was before flash is astro file manager, and using that i can see all my stuff is on the s.d. card but under my app tray there is nothing

Upvote 0
sorry its real late for me, i need to go to sleep, but did i do sumthing wrong? white widow is workking great...i checked the box and then conect the phone to the computer and copied the backed up s.d. files and pasted it back onto the s.d card. i rebooted afterwards buttt... the only thing on the phone that was before flash is astro file manager, and using that i can see all my stuff is on the s.d. card but under my app tray there is nothing

So there is no apps in your app drawer?

Upvote 0
I think you should try a different ROM like [ROM] [7/24/2010 w/JulyPatch] xtrSENSE3.1 [apps2sd,jit,oc]- HTC Sense - xda-developers

To get Apps2SD working, just follow the steps in my first post.

maybe i'll try a different rom. this is what i did though so far.

1. flash evil eris 3.0 to my phone (EvilEris3.0 zip)
2. flash kernel update (ee3kernel-signed zip)
3. after doing kernel update; partitioned the sd card; then clicked select sd:ext2 to ext3
3. downloaded a2sd (dtapps2sd-2.7.5-pf4a-signed zip) moved it to sd card
4. flashed a2sd (dtapps2sd-2.7.5-pf4a-signed zip)
5. waited for the phone to turn on but it just stays black. it's black right now as i tried it again and it's been 20minutes and still doesn't start up.

maybe i have too new of a evileris3.0 file or maybe something is corrupt i have no clue???

I guess i'll try the rom you posted. :( i really like evil eris too

Upvote 0
I remember reading on XDA that Froyo ROMs don't like partitioned SD cards, how? Partitioning doesn't work for Apps2SD under Froyo?

Yeah, I have read that it isn't necessary to format the SD card for 2.2 based ROMs. Apparently it does it automatically. I think the apps are strored on a FAT32 partition called "android_secure". But this I just gathered from reading, not from experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones