• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] How to port M/V/S roms to C

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    Ok so I have ported a few Gingerbread ROMs to the M and I ported BACKside to the C for you guys. Due to not much in responses I did not continue doing much more.

So if anyone would like to take this up to support everyone for the C, here's what you do:

1) If it is not an Optimus M ROM follow this: http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...e-porting-lg-vortex-optimus-t-v-s-roms-m.html
    BUT
    use these files: OptCUniV1.0_2.zip

2) If it is an Optimus M ROM you still need OptCUniV1.0_2.zip from above
    AND all you need to port is:

In /system/etc replace:
    apns-conf.xml
    dbus.conf
    gps.conf
    hosts
    media-profiles.xml
    resolv.conf
    vold.fstab

And in /system replace:
    build.prop

After You flash whatever ROM you port:

To fix MMS (Flash this right over the ROM directly afterwards): Cricket-MMS-Fix_signed.zip

Details to implement MMS fix by PlayfulGod into your ported ROM are to come later :);)

This has never been tried on Froyo ROMs. This WILL NOT work with ICS.

Reactions: dogdayz
    OK I did the wipe/data/partition cache/dalvik and battery plus flash rom I started jumping for joy and boot loop on me...
    Second I did the wipes *flash rom* then gapps it booted fine it went into Wizard application even tho you sign in it "force close" leaves wit a black screen and a status bar???

*Is there any other files to replace or did i do something wrong in the recovery???

I'm guessing one of 3 options,
    1) Bad download
    2) Bad upload by me....
    3) Bad port by you

I recently discovered that my earlier releases of this ROM had a trojan in it :eek: and I never tested flashing it after changing the launcher that was infected...

Upvote 0
    Hey sammyz got the LG v-4 working wit out a PC?

*what not seems to work is picture messages, I send a picture to myself n it says "sending" I think if I let system sync little more it'll work...

*What file manger I used on on optimus c **x-plore** it has a rench on it.

*I used the guide from here

Did you flash mms fix afterwards?
    Also you flash it directly after flashing the rom, no reboot in between

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones