1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[GUIDE] How to Root Galaxy Pro

1. Mit321

Mit321 New Member

I've only done this on Windows 7 so don't know whether it will be supported on other OS's.

First you need Kies 2.0 to provide you with the driver software for the Galaxy Pro:

http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as?COUNTRY_CODE=GBR&LANGUAGE_CODE=ENG

Start this up with your Galaxy Pro plugged in via USB (turn USB Debugging on if it isn't already - Settings--> Application--> Development --->USB Debugging

Windows will let you know that the drivers have been successfully installed.

[APP]SuperOneClick v1.8beta (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers

Get the SuperOneClick Root App from the link above (to be run on your computer not on your phone!) I used 1.8.

Run the .exe inside the zip.

Next click Root. Leave this to finish, when prompted to install busybox say yes. The dialogue box will let you know when its done.

Check in your apps menu, you should now have an app called Superuser.

If so, congrats :D the last thing to do is restart! I didn't and spent ages looking up why it hadn't worked :p

Then download a programme called Root Check from the market and run it to confirm you do :D

Advertisement
    StuPoole and munishjoshi like this.
  2. 6i9

6i9 Member

is 2.3 available on this phone once rooted?
  3. munishjoshi

munishjoshi New Member

Successfully routed my Samsung galaxy pro....
    thanks...waiting for android 2.3 gingerbread now...
  4. StuPoole

StuPoole Member

Do you need to go into download mode for this? or just plug it in? :) x
  5. sallu

sallu New Member

is 2.3 available 4 this phone?
  6. gabriel_nacpil

gabriel_nacpil New Member

how to install any app or i mean to force any app to install onto the sd card? wheter it supports App2SD or not... I already follow the instruction in the ANDROID magazine that I bought buy using ANDROID SDK but still I cant get it is there a simple way I can do it please help me and I need a full and simple way to do it...
  7. omeluwafrank

omeluwafrank New Member

how do i un root my galaxy pro?
  8. jonfoxsv

jonfoxsv New Member

Tested on a S Galaxy Pro and all it
  9. anower hossain

anower hossain New Member

how i can sign out from my gmail account in samsung galaxy pro