• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] How to root the Wildfire S with S-ON

i decided to go with this one but could you take a look at this for me please...

[ROM][marvel][4.1.2] CROSSFIRE_JB - xda-developers

what i need to know is: what order would i flash the downloads (in each description it says to "flash straight after the rom"!?)

and also will i still need to create a partition on my sd card for the int2ext4 install?

just let me know if you've had enough and ill 'go bother someone else', lol!

Upvote 0
Heya, another noob with another problemo!
i successfully got to stage 4F following this guide :)
followed the htcdev guide and unlocked the Hboot, installed CMW, downloaded a root.zip ran it in recovery. Phone said all good, rebooted, installed superSU, rebooted. 4F. verify the phone is rooted. I download all the suggested apps and all say my phone isnt rooted, tried installing the root.zip in CWM again no, found different versions of the root.zip, tried them all still no joy.
The only step i didnt follow was on the HTCdev website and that was to install the pg76img as the version on the website is 1.08.0099 and mine on the phone is 1.09.0099

any clues??

Upvote 0
Hi,
This is a superb guide and I could 'ROOT' my HTC wildfire S without any issue.
But at the end I am having a small issue.
Superuser was installed automatically and as suggested in the guide I tried to update it as the first step after the procedure was complete. But it is giving me error saying ...stopped unexpectedly.
My question is can I apply your procedure without installing superuser?
Is it built in CM ....Marvel .zip file or in root.zip file
Thanks in advance
Regards
Anet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones