[GUIDE]How to update HTC Wildfire S/Marvel/A510e/GSM to Software Version 2.3.5

Last Updated:

1. jubair07

jubair07 Well-Known Member

Hi CafeKampuchia, I followed your procedure from rooting with S-ON and got rooted.

I currently have rooted 2.3.3 Android version.

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.08.0099
    MICROP-0451
    RADIO-7.53.39.03M
    NOV 28 2011, 19:09:21

I followed the above steps and tried both 1 and 2, and couldnt update my HBOOT to European HBOOT Version of 1.09.

I dont wanna try step no 3, as I feel it might brick my phone since HBOOT didnt accept my update from PG76IMG.zip and gave me an error unlike the last time when I was able to update my HBOOT without any hassle during my rooting procedure.

I was wondering since I am already rooted and hence has the ability to flash any ROM suitable for my device using CWM Recovery, can I install HTC European Marvel stock Rom with Android 2.3.5 without updating my HBOOT ?

And if I can, can you please tell me the procedure.Thanks in advance !

Advertisement
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

:confused: I'm confused... why do you need to update the HBOOT if you've already updated it, unlocked it and rooted the device?

Or are you trying to update the ROM to 2.3.5?
    jubair07 likes this.
  3. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

If you haven't updated your HBOOT and still managed to root your phone, then I wouldn't worry about it. You can flash roms. As long as your phone is rooted, I would say it doesn't matter whether HBOOT is updated or not...
    Please correct me if I'm wrong
    jubair07 likes this.
  4. jubair07

I am trying to update to 2.3.5 from 2.3.3 which I currently have. I am rooted with the info I have given in the above post. When I try flash 2.3.5 HTC Euro Rom, it also has update for HBOOT. Hence my question, can I use the CWM recovery to flash the HTC Euro Rom.

Can you please guide me which file to flash and should I update or install from Sd-Card. Which data/partition/cache should I delete ?

Also once I update will I lose the root and hence access to CWM Recovery or no ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have looked into the temp folder and it contains a zip file which contains Hboot update to 1.09, system.img(250mb+) which I think is the stock rom.
  5. jubair07

I updated my HBOOT from 0.09 to 1.08. But HTC Euro has a HBOOT update to 1.09.

Anyway, do you know the procedure and also which zip file to flash or update and should it be from HBOOT or CWM Recovery ?
  6. i tried unlocking the bootloader.. but in the update process, something went wrong and the htc logo appeared on the screen with "!" marks on all four corners of the phone..
    cant get into the bootloader..
    cant flash anything from fastboot as it says signature verification failed..
    and on phone, on some white screen it says *** RELOCKED ***..

what do i do..??
    please help..!! :( :confused: :( :confused:
  7. CafeKampuchia

Please let me know your phone's bootloader info, carrier and software number. Also, what method of flashing were you trying?
  8. ***RELOCKED***
    MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.08.0099
    MICROP-0451
    RADIO-7.54.39.08M

and i downloaded the ruu ( PG7610000_Marvel_hboot_1.08.0099_20111216 ) from htcdev as they said to do in the 'bootloader unlock procedure'.. and when ruu asked for the update i accepted it.. and aftr tht htc logo came up on the screen with "!" marks in all corners of the screen..

:(:(
  9. CafeKampuchia

Your phone is not dead--just in a coma and reviveable!

1. Boot the phone into bootloader by powering it down, puling the battery and replacing it, holding down volume and pressing the power button.

2. Select fastboot using the volume rocker and press power.

3. Plug the phone into your computer via USB. Your HBOOT status will change to Fastboot USB.

4. Run the RUU from procedure 1 above on your computer. It will reinstall the entire ROM.

To do all this, you will need Android SDK tools, Java runtime and the HTC USB drivers installed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the first few paragraphs of this guide:
    http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

Once the ROM is reinstalled, you can re-unlock the bootloader by re-flashing the identifier token you received from HTC using the following command:
    Code (Text):
    1.  fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

10. phone is not booting in bootloader also..
    when i press the volume down + power button combo, the same screen appeares, with htc and four "!" marks..
  11. CafeKampuchia

In that case taking it to an HTC sevice center is the best you can do :( It's clearly not your fault if it happened during a RUU update. Hopefully they'll take care of it for you.
  12. i have already been to the service center.. they said that you have voided the warrenty and now you will have to replace the motherboard of your phone.. :( :( :( :(:confused: :confused: :confused:
  13. Caro332

This sounds more like a software issue. I don't see why the motherboard needs to be changed.

But then again I'm not an expert

edit: Have tried getting into HBOOT through the pc? Can you boot the phone normally?

14. how do i do that?
    sorry but i am a newbie.. please help..
  15. Caro332

CafeKampuchia likes this.
  16. PHEW PHEW
    finally some how i managed the phone to start..
    i used this command
    fastboot oem boot

but when i restart the phone, the same screen goes up..
    with htc and "!" marks..
    now wat do i do.???
    HELP PLEASE...!!
  17. Caro332

Did you end up rooting your phone or you didn't get to that stage yet? Because if you managed, you can try and flash the stock rom through the pc....
    Otherwise, not sure what to suggest
  18. i just tried each and every command present in fastboot..
    so in cmd, "D:\android-tools\fastboot oem boot"..
    with this command the phone booted successfully..
    but whenever i restart the phone, it again shows the same screen with htc in d center of the screen and "!" caution marks in the corners..
    again cant get into the bootloader..
  19. Caro332

Maybe there is a way of flashing the stock rom through the pc?
  20. but it needs the phone to be booted in bootloader.. and that is not happening..
    when i restart the phone, it again get stuckd at the htc screen..
    is there any other way which shud update the bootloader while the phone is switched on..?
    please help...!
    :confused: :confused:
  21. Caro332

I think it's really bricked...there's nothing else to do except sending it to HTC
  22. CafeKampuchia

Sadly, I think that's the case. Strange that I never hear of anyone bricking their phone by flashing a ROM manually through HBOOT, but it happens more often with the HTC RUU. Why is that? :confused:
  23. but htc guys says tht the phone is out of warranty and they wud charge me for the further repair..
    please help guys.. what do i do..? suggest sumthng..
  24. jdmjay

jdmjay New Member

I'm using a Tmobile phone, that I got from Tmobile, does that mean I'm a branded cell phone? Stupid question, I know.

Happens more often with the HTC RUU, so then why do you say to use this one, as opposed to any of the other RUU's on the list? (just another stupid question from a noob wanting to know if I should actually do this or not.)