[GUIDE] Howto Root LG Motion 4G

Last Updated: 2015-01-08 00:07:14
  1. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Well-Known Member

Is it safe though? i'm afraid of bricking my phone without data etc. I've seen good responses but the bad bricks (on pg 2-3 and 4 i think) freak me out. How successful has this been for most of you guys? Also i used a CPU widget and my phone is clocked at 1512MHz :eek:
    What if i get stuck in a boot loop (soft brick)?

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Yes it is safe. People have only bricked by deleting apps...

There's an unbrick guide.....everyone is back on their feet. No one is stuck in a brick/bootloop/etc. The unbrick guide works flawlessly. Just make sure your battery is charged before you start unbricking it.

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...-lg-motion-unroot-getting-1-5ghz-kdz-wip.html
    Ubercharrge likes this.
  3. Ubercharrge

My battery is at 85% and its charging as i'm watching the "How to root" video just to be safe, thanks sammy!
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

85% is plenty.
    Ubercharrge likes this.
  5. Ubercharrge

I got it!11! Now time to do that other WIP guide! thanks so much and to the guy who made the video and op too ;)
    Oh and my camera and camcorder is taking everything fine, thanks so much.
  6. bretnet

bretnet Member

Great job, just bought motion yesterday and its rooted and running custom roms already. Now the nexus and admire are taking a backseat till the newness wears off..........thanks to all of you devs for making phones so much fun!!!
  7. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

hey when u do finish up that rom share it with us
  8. quechon

quechon Well-Known Member

You made a ROM already what version of android
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

There are no ROMs to run????? What are you talking about :confused:
  10. eljefe0000

he apparently has 1 and running it
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Well how the heck did he flash it??????? You would soft brick before you could say you booted into custom recovery......I'm guessing he just doesn't know what he's saying :rolleyes:
  12. eljefe0000

im sure he doesnt have a rom i get excited to when i root stuff but that just consists of dancing at home
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

14. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

I think he's just theming
  15. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Well-Known Member

Easily, painlessly rooted.

Thank you so much!
  16. TheAmazingDave

Before I ran the rooting procedure, I set the phone to Installer, and installed the drivers right from the phone itself. I thought that was neat. No issues at all on Win 7.
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Phone has its installation drivers built in?? o_O that's neat!
  18. TheAmazingDave

Yes; in the Settings menu, under connectivity, there are specific USB modes you can select, one being "Installer".

When set to installer, Windows AutoPlay will run the LG driver installation package and install various drivers to the computer. Then the drivers all updated on my next reconnect out of Installer mode. Drivers that failed to retreive from Windows Update initially were then successfully updated from the copied/installed files automatically.
  19. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Well-Known Member

it worked for me...second try, for some reason on the first try it didn't push anything through...so i just tried it over it again and it worked.

SuperSU is awesome, it works a little better and smoother than SU...when it came out i had purchsed the pro version and never used it lol so now i can use the pro version! wooooo
  20. rooob

rooob Well-Known Member

can you guys post the LGdrivers please? i don't know what to look for, so many pages right now some links are not working.

thanks!
  21. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

The phone has the drivers, just put it in install mode like plasticarmyman said.
    rooob likes this.
  22. rooob

rooob Well-Known Member

hhmm...mine is freeze after i typed "root", it only says:

DON'T TOUCH THE DEVICE OR UNPLUG WHILE ROOTING!
    PUSH FILES
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *

and it has been like that for like 5 mins..... what should i do? :(
  23. ChiweN

ChiweN Well-Known Member Contributor

Restart the process. Make sure you have the drivers installed.

I think people are getting hung up at the part where you run the system backup test app. The point of the app is to kill some core system processes, so that the root files and binaries can be pushed. If you wait too long after running the app and rebooting to plug your phone in and run the script, the root will fail because those processes start coming back online.

Hence why some people have had to try multiple times before it worked for them.
  24. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

I am following this step by step, and I am in the command prompt, and when I type root and hit enter, nothing happens...says it is not recognized as a internal or external command
  25. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

nevermind i got it

somehow the folder got into another folder of the same name so it wasn't looking in the right folder