• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Howto Root LG Motion 4G

How exactly do you do that and I'll do it right now.

well for each device its different.

adb shell ls -l /dev/block > blocks.txt

and then pastebin that txt file and thatw ill show the partitions. from there we need to use dd to copy em so use busybox installer from teh market and then begin as follows

adb shell "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1"
adb shell "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p2"
adb shell "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p3"
and so on and so forth...

the optimus m+ had recovery on mmcblk0p13 so grabbing blocks mmcblk0p1 through mmcblk0p16 is prolly a safe bet :)

when youve pulled them list off teh sizes for em and we can prolly figure out which ones are which :)

Reactions: mrpnut
Upvote 0
umm, i think i may have bricked my phone. I tried placing the Holo Launcher HD APK in the system apps, and i restarted the phone, and i get an error saying "Morningcall cannot be verified" Lg Security Error. =(

o.o y would you put that in your system/apps:thinking:

I highly recommend do not do nothing else to your device besides removing bloatware until we have an official recovery.

Upvote 0
- First of all make sure you got the motions drivers all installed and the phone is in usb debugging.
- Download these.
*the rooting folder (o4xr)- http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1297942&d=1346603576
*the "SystemBackupTest.apk" - http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1245330&d=1344276357

- Put the apk "SystemBackupTest" in your sd card and install it.
- Open the apk called "SystemBackupTest" it should show a screen with "Hello world" then restart your phone.
- Plug your phone to your pc and make sure its in "charge only" mode.
- Open the "o4xr" folder and double click the file named root.
- It might fail, just run again after phone reboots.
*as long as it pushed three files to your phone you should be good.
- Your phone is rooted with SuperSu.

Any questions just pm, HereticSins.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones