• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Howto Root LG Motion 4G

so i'm too lazy to go through this entire forum. so i rooted my friends motion with no problem. got root and deleted the bloatware metropcs bs. that was on saturday. today, she says that her phone has been randomly restarting for no reason and it hasn't done this before. any ideas as to why this is happening?

List exactly what you deleted please.

Best thing to do: unbrick and see if it still reboots. Unbricking doesn't erase anything except root and restores bloatware and any app stored in /system.

Upvote 0
so i'm too lazy to go through this entire forum. so i rooted my friends motion with no problem. got root and deleted the bloatware metropcs bs. that was on saturday. today, she says that her phone has been randomly restarting for no reason and it hasn't done this before. any ideas as to why this is happening?

Not trying to be offensive, but you really shouldn't be modifying yours, or anyone's else's androids especially, if you are too lazy to read and troubleshoot. That's asking for trouble. Knowledge is key ;-)

Upvote 0
EDIT - Problem solved! - I think I was waiting too long between systemtest/hello world/reset and actually executing root.

But if anyone knows how to bring the criminal who stole my motion to justice, that would be welcome.

Alright - long story, but here's where I'm at - installed the .apk - got 'hello world' reset phone - and went to d/l supersu - now I have an outdated binary? please... my first motion was stolen, I'm just trying to get back 'to normal' here... ps. any fellow droid enthusiasts and enthusiasts of justice know how to 'find my old motion'? the p.o.s. who stole it was using it to harass people, which adds insult to insult to injury...
anyways. binary issue!

Upvote 0
In my frustration with the app(s) I am working on I took a lil break and decided to simplify this process a lil.

I will be uploading and linking a modded o4xr that installs, runs, and uninstalls the apk along with rooting. I will update su and superuser too while I am at it. ;)

Edit: 86 all that lol, my bro hroark already did what I just done, so links and details can be found here. ;)

His also includes install for 2nd-init recovery. ;)

Upvote 0
In my frustration with the app(s) I am working on I took a lil break and decided to simplify this process a lil.

I will be uploading and linking a modded o4xr that installs, runs, and uninstalls the apk along with rooting. I will update su and superuser too while I am at it. ;)

Edit: 86 all that lol, my bro hroark already did what I just done, so links and details can be found here. ;)

His also includes install for 2nd-init recovery. ;)

Want to make a new thread? I'll stick it :p

Upvote 0
Thanks, I found it in your thread, where you linked to it. For some reason (I'll blame my partial color blindness :D ) I didn't see the link originally.

Question about that thread: What is the lgm_modemst_bakup that it wants us to flash?

have to ask hroark about that. I think it was just part of the initial builds he did and not required. I've never flashed em and my wife has been running my cm10 build for months now. lol

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
EDIT - Problem solved! - I think I was waiting too long between systemtest/hello world/reset and actually executing root.

But if anyone knows how to bring the criminal who stole my motion to justice, that would be welcome.

Alright - long story, but here's where I'm at - installed the .apk - got 'hello world' reset phone - and went to d/l supersu - now I have an outdated binary? please... my first motion was stolen, I'm just trying to get back 'to normal' here... ps. any fellow droid enthusiasts and enthusiasts of justice know how to 'find my old motion'? the p.o.s. who stole it was using it to harass people, which adds insult to insult to injury...
anyways. binary issue!
Just update in the settings in SuperSU or go to Play Store to SuperSU and update.

Upvote 0
I have a question here. Just today my LG Motion with "F" firmware notified me that it wanted to update firmware to "G" I didn't do it, but should I? I'm rooted, but don't have a recovery or ROM. Pretty much still stock except for being rooted with SuperSU and a few add ons. I am planning on flashing a new ROM, so any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I have a question here. Just today my LG Motion with "F" firmware notified me that it wanted to update firmware to "G" I didn't do it, but should I? I'm rooted, but don't have a recovery or ROM. Pretty much still stock except for being rooted with SuperSU and a few add ons. I am planning on flashing a new ROM, so any thoughts?

I say do it, people have reported that their download speeds have increased to 45Mbps on 4GLTE and signal in places they've never had before. Also you can still root it with this method.

Upvote 0
I say do it, people have reported that their download speeds have increased to 45Mbps on 4GLTE and signal in places they've never had before. Also you can still root it with this method.

Can someone else confirm this? I don't want to update my phone unless someone with firsthand knowledge says it works.

Does it improve the battery life? This might give some life to this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones