• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Howto Root LG Motion 4G

If you are having trouble getting to the right foldet using cd just open the folder you want and hold shift and then right click on the mouse and select open command prompt

You don't have to open the command prompt at all. It's adding steps that are unnecessary and will probably confuse people lol.

Upvote 0
You should explain what that means. You know for the noobish people... :p

i think that means shabby was right and it'll be harder work for recoveries and ect or no recoveries ect. am i right
it means until we can figure a way around it the Motion wont boot with a custom recovery. ;)

Upvote 0
Okay guys, I rooted again and removed some apps. Now, I'm not exactly sure which one is causing this problem, but if its deleted your phone will reboot into an lg security error screen. Holo Launcher being installed as a system app didn't seem to cause this. Gotta unbrick again. -_-

if you find out please let us know lol the same thing happened to me

Upvote 0
I don't have a Motion, but an darn excited to witness all of your excitement. I've never caught a device right at that moment of first root, so this is a real treat. I have a Droid Incredible (1) that I still use as a daily driver, but I think I may get my son a new Motion if you guys can get recovery established. A good phone at a decent price is two of three checkmark for me. Solid rooting procedures (with a known support group) is the final checkmark for me. All success to you guys/gals - I'm sure you'll knock out this challenge in no time.

Reactions: mrpnut
Upvote 0
Guys, it's just a regular batch script, like for the connect. You don't have to type anything in cmd prompt. Just extract the ox4r zip to your desktop, open the folder and double click the root script labeled... You guessed it, root. ;)
what usb connection do i leave it on MTP?
oh and how come i cant copy or transfer files to my sd card, it shows a cancel sign everytime i try.....
when i run root everything fails...

Upvote 0
recovery n boot are signed!!!
seriously? did you have to ruin my fun?

i was gunna have someone dump the stock recovery unpack it and repack it, thus changing the hash and enjoy a few i told you so's as people discovered the pretty black screen with lg security. since so many apparently didnt read what i had posted or thought i didnt know what i was talking about.

Oh just like the tbolt? Hopefully y'all can crack it

there wont be any cracking. your best hope is following the lg 4x hd developemnt and hoping someone on that phone is smart enough to figure out how to bypass the stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones