• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Howto Root LG Motion 4G

Well the root works. Thanks! Now I am working on the unbrick. Used Titanium Backup and removed too much I guess... Thought brick was hopeless til I came on here and found unbrick guide. Fyi I removed google music/movies/ (books?) Also removed something oddly titled "Verizon hidden menu" Damn I LOVE THIS PHONE! I will mess with removing dif apps today and see what causes the brick... "Security Error" "Morningcall Cannot Be Verified".... Looks to me less like a valid "brick", more like LG software seeing us playing with what they don't want us to... Thanks again AF Devs / Root Godz

Upvote 0
Rooted my phone and after that camera stop working. when access it, it opens but the screen is blank..so i back up the stock camera app..del it and now it wound't restore..tried a 3rd party camera app and the camera is blank..wtf?

That happened to me. I was having problem with command prompt while rooting. I factory reset in Settings/Backup reset/Factory Data Reset. Then had help rooting, now everything is fine.

Upvote 0
I don't think this root is safe right now. everything was fine all night but this morning i rebooted and got the lg security error screen. "morningcall" cannot be verified. i didnt do anything except remove safe bloatware and underclocked to 1.2.

Maybe it wasn't safe to remove it...I'm so glad I made an unbrick guide or so many people would be in chaos...

Upvote 0
nah i rebooted last night like three times and everything was fine. im going to unbrick and not remove anything see if its that or not.

Edit: and nope only google apps, and the metro apps.

I've been running fine all night and day. I didn't remove the Google apps. I've learned from phones past that removing Google apps (even just Google books) can muck everything up. They seem pretty ingrained.

Upvote 0
im guessing now we need to make a list to see whats safe or not ill get started as far as what ive deleted

IM and social
mstudio
marionette
metro411
myextras
pocketexpress
toms diner
polaris
google music

ive removed these thru root explorer including the odex

those are the ones i removed. and google books. and i got bricked.

Upvote 0
Seems like there are 2 stock kernels....some clocked at 1.2 and others at 1.5
I know one person reflashed stock firmware and was STILL at 1.5 GHz so it seems that the firmware is clocked @ 1.5.....at least the firmware from the serial # I got.

i dont care what kernel i get, i just want one and chiwen is being a jerk and wont let me play on his phone. something about bricks or something ;P

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones