• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Howto Root LG Motion 4G

hey guys am I doing something wrong?
I ran root.bat from o4xr folder and it just
opened a cmd window that says:
"daemon not running, starting it now on port 5037"
"daemon started successfully"

and it stays like that, doesn't do anything else
i'm on "charge only" mode connected to pc
help?

Make sure usb debugging is enabled or that's as far as you will get too, if you already installed the drivers

Upvote 0
Had to switch browsers, used the Forum to basically get my wifi tether running immaculately on Firefox, Chrome is alot harder to do, either way good looking man you helped alot.

Called Metro, returned my plan to the $70 a month unlimited 4g data and i'm tethering left and right--church.

Why not go for the $55 unlimited?

Sent from my typewriter.

Upvote 0
Why not go for the $55 unlimited?

Sent from my typewriter.

The way it was explained to me was that the plans beneath the $70 plan have limitations. You get alotted a certain amount of 4g data usage, which when exhausted switches over to 3g for half of your billing cycle. What variations from the 55-60 were like...2gigs of 4g to 6gigs of 4g. The $70 plan offers unlimited 4g lte usage, and rhasopdy (Which I'll never use) usage however, you CANNOT get the hotspot feature with that $70 plan, only the plans beneath it.

So naturally I'd need to exploit that by being able to root/tether my phone. With the $70 plan and my phone modded as such I can hotspot unlimited 4g without fear of depletion.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Johnny Crapple<br />
Why not go for the $55 unlimited? <br />
<br />
Sent from my typewriter.
<br />
<br />
The way it was explained to me was that the plans beneath the $70 plan have limitations. You get alotted a certain amount of 4g data usage, which when exhausted switches over to 3g for half of your billing cycle. What variations from the 55-60 were like...2gigs of 4g to 6gigs of 4g. The $70 plan offers unlimited 4g lte usage, and rhasopdy (Which I'll never use) usage however, you CANNOT get the hotspot feature with that $70 plan, only the plans beneath it.<br />
<br />
So naturally I'd need to exploit that by being able to root/tether my phone. With the $70 plan and my phone modded as such I can hotspot unlimited 4g without fear of depletion.
The plan I was talking about is a promotional one that is unlimited no caps throttling whatever you want to call it. It doesn't have rhapsody or any other special crap add ons.

Sent from my typewriter.

Upvote 0
seriously? did you have to ruin my fun?

i was gunna have someone dump the stock recovery unpack it and repack it, thus changing the hash and enjoy a few i told you so's as people discovered the pretty black screen with lg security. since so many apparently didnt read what i had posted or thought i didnt know what i was talking about.

there wont be any cracking. your best hope is following the lg 4x hd developemnt and hoping someone on that phone is smart enough to figure out how to bypass the stuff.

Yanno me, no runaround all lol

Upvote 0
The way it was explained to me was that the plans beneath the $70 plan have limitations. You get alotted a certain amount of 4g data usage, which when exhausted switches over to 3g for half of your billing cycle. What variations from the 55-60 were like...2gigs of 4g to 6gigs of 4g. The $70 plan offers unlimited 4g lte usage, and rhasopdy (Which I'll never use) usage however, you CANNOT get the hotspot feature with that $70 plan, only the plans beneath it.

This is the plan you need, unlimited everything $55
Unlimited Prepaid Cell Phone Plans | No-Contract Phone Plans | $55 4GLTE Plan - MetroPCS

Upvote 0
get this over and over

DON'T TOUCH THE DEVICE OR UNPLUG WHILE ROOTING!
PUSH FILES
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
1958 KB/s (2005736 bytes in 1.000s)
1916 KB/s (91980 bytes in 0.046s)
2148 KB/s (996704 bytes in 0.453s)
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory

REBOOT

C:\o4xr\o4xr>

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones