[GUIDE] Howto Root LG Motion 4G

1. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

sounds like crap to me try rebooting again or something is your phone rooted now ?
  2. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Just dial *228 and reactivate.
  3. jalbertrmz

jalbertrmz Member

its rooted but *228 doesnt go through :(
  4. TheFictioneer

TheFictioneer Active Member

Kick ass been hitting this forum for a little bit seeing how the Motion root was going. I am picking mine up on friday. I have/had an admire and rooted. I am a noob though and I just root for bloatware/clocking/battery optimization. Is this root difficult to perform?? On my admire it was a one clicker!! Stoked to see all the excitement though! It looks like this phone is a big step up from the Admire.

:D:D:D:D:D
  5. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

quick and painless

well...after I realized I was rooted and didnt need to do it 1454445444 times
  6. eljefe0000

try the unbrick guide sounds lik u messed up somewhere this happened to me when i updated an optimus m and got screwed this way without imei
  7. jalbertrmz

jalbertrmz Member

ok i'll try that eljefe0000 thanks
  8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

*OM has MEID not IMEI.......
    Also I have no idea how anyone goes reprogramming an IMEI # when it gets zeroed out. MEID I know how to, but not IMEI (yet).
  9. eljefe0000

worth a try since he is obviously shot right now if it doesnt work he can at least send it back to lg for repair fully factory reset with all the bloat and no root
  10. I did exactly what the guide said to do and it worked perfectly. I am one of the lucky ones, my device came with the cpu clocked at 1.5... Where can i find a list of the things I can remove with out causing any issues? Thank you all that helped me when I first got started I am grateful. Thanks Ray!!!!!!
  11. HereticSins

He should be fine. Happened to me a lot when I would flash a rom or something. I would go back to stock and it'll work.
  12. eljefe0000

i hope your right since its pretty much all he can do for now aside from sending it back to lg
  13. jalbertrmz

jalbertrmz Member

well guys I just finished flash the stock firmware and i still get no signal :(
    here look
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    does it look like I need programing maybe?
  14. eljefe0000

can you call metro with another phone and give them your imei number and the numbers on your micro sim to see if they can program it for you. or can you try thru their website?
  15. eljefe0000

also maybe programming thru ##626* may do the trick but you have to get in contact with metro so you can get the service code to program it you can do it thru their chat as well
  16. HereticSins

What happens when you dial *228? You might just have to flash the metro prl and then try to dial it
  17. eljefe0000

it wont make a call cause it has nothing programmed into it

if someone knows would lgnpst work for him?
  18. HereticSins

Then he would just need to flash the prl. Maybe. Also try qpst
  19. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Looks like your stuck in test mode,looking at your prl 4000 thats test mode your in,on the esteem when prl is on 3000 its in test mode but im not sure if the test mode recovery from the esteem will work for our device,you can try it at your own risk and lets us know the outcome.
  20. eljefe0000

its possible for it to work just use the motion driver and files instead its worth a try they are both lg and its pretty much the same process for all phones
  21. jalbertrmz

jalbertrmz Member

ok i'll try it whats the worst that can happend soft brick maybe?
  22. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

you need the MIN as well
  23. eljefe0000

when you call metro they give you the min the only thing you need is the imei and the numbers on the sim
  24. jalbertrmz

jalbertrmz Member

Just tested the test mode fix tool and it doesnt work, it says that only the vs910 is supported so what now? any ideas?
    Edit: by the way thanks for all the help guys i really wouldn't have known what to do. :)