• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [GUIDE] Manually update your prl. CDMA Workshop method.

i have the newest sprint prl 60750.prl which i am using with great signal strength from 2-3 bars to 5-6 bars simply great :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

how do you add the file to your phone? do you have to root it first before adding the files? I have the QPST software on my computer and I'm trying to update my PRL, please help! thanks!

I'm with boost mobile

Upvote 0
Okay, I am still lost on adding the files or extracting them to the phone. Do you have to have the phone rooted for it to work? I was able to update my PRL from a 3 something # to 61007, seems like I'm getting better signal when I was able to update it but can someone please walk me through the steps if the 61007 # isn't the updated PRL? This is really confusing for me, sorry!

Upvote 0
Okay, I am still lost on adding the files or extracting them to the phone. Do you have to have the phone rooted for it to work? I was able to update my PRL from a 3 something # to 61007, seems like I'm getting better signal when I was able to update it but can someone please walk me through the steps if the 61007 # isn't the updated PRL? This is really confusing for me, sorry!
Both these guides are step by step what to do with pictures. I dont know how better I could help. Sorry. :thinking:

Upvote 0
After much testing I have the best results here in NC with 60683 prl and changing all vocoders to 4GV. I am averaging around 1140kbps down and 350kbps up at 185ms ping. Not too shabby. Went from a steady 1 to 2 bars inside my home to a steady 3 to 4 bars. Will continue testing as the day goes along.

EDIT: Here is a link to an index of Sprint PRL files

Yes. The latest PRL is 60683. The 60711 PRL has been out since 2008. I would suggest doing as I did and running through the list updating PRL until you find one that suits your needs. There is also another link that gives info on each PRL if you know how to translate the lingo, which I sadly do not. Tech savvy but not that savvy.:eek:

Here is that link:

You can find info about each PRL by simply searching the PRL number through google. For example google 60683 PRL and you will see posts from XDA, Android Forums and Android Central about that PRL.

Read both posts above. Links in them will direct you to anything you are looking for. You can simply Google search a PRL number also and find a download link for it as well.

BTW love the theme, rocking it on my Warp right now.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you completed the steps properly? I had previously went back to the original PRL and just went through the process again and installed 600683. Have waited almost an hour and I still have the new PRL. I can't seen to recreate what happened to yours. Try again and see if you can catch what happens to make it revert back to the old PRL.

Upvote 0
Followed the guide as posted.downloaded the newest prl. All went well. Rebooted had updated prl then miraculously it switched back to the original on it's own. What's up with that? :(

Just my two cents here but I've updated and changed my PRL about four times now with Woodstocks directions...the problem may be that once you change it to whatever PRL it should stay but once you go in and click update Prl from the status menu it will clear it ota and take it back to the original.. .if you change it don't hit the update prl

Upvote 0
Not hitting update prl, but it's still not sticking. Only thing I can figure I'm doing different is that I'm using the demo version of cdma workshop cause I'm cheap& couldn't find the cracked version& the demo is a newer version than the one in the tut.
The demo comes with a demo prl. So rename that prl to something else. And rename the prl you want to use as the name of the the one that comes with the demo. Make sense?

Upvote 0
I have been using prl 60683 (same my friend uses for sprint) and it has improved my reception in a couple places including battery life. Before at my friend's place my phone was always switching between towers draining my battery in a matter of hours. This prl update fixed that and I get nearly full signal and he barley gets a signal on T-mobile and relies on wifi.

Upvote 0
Randomw thoughts...

I have set my PRL to 60750...just wandering if anyone has tried that one out, I have had it on for the pass week and it seems pretty good, thinking about trying the 60683 since that seems to be popular but I wonder how you can tell which PRL is the latest...to me anything 607?? would be a later version than 606?? but what do I know :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones