• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[GUIDE] *NO ROOT* Backup/Restore Save Game Files

Hey GamerDroids!

Well I found that there is an easy way to backup your save game and restore it from an app. It would require you to have a DropBox account. It is called "SaveShare".
By the looks of it, it seems genuine :D

*No Root Required*

Have fun!

Have you tested this yet?? If it works, this will answer one of the biggest questions people keep asking. I know it says some apps DO need root, but doesn't list them, and I couldn't use their link. I'm at work or would test this out. If you can, let us know how well this works.

Upvote 0
I have been busy lately and I wanted to share this out to everyone ASAP. Now as I have time I will test this out and get back to you ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open the app, it does require SuperUser permissions for several games. Also, it only displays popular games (All Angry Birds; Asphalt 6; Cut the Rope; Flick Golf etc.) in which to save from, but not the games stored on your phone...
However, this guy shows that it works. ~Check It Out~

Alas I will look for another method.

Upvote 0
I have been busy lately and I wanted to share this out to everyone ASAP. Now as I have time I will test this out and get back to you ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open the app, it does require SuperUser permissions for several games. Also, it only displays popular games (All Angry Birds; Asphalt 6; Cut the Rope; Flick Golf etc.) in which to save from, but not the games stored on your phone...
However, this guy shows that it works. ~Check It Out~

Alas I will look for another method.

Watching now.

Even if this doesn't work for every game, it is a start. The popular ones are the games people worry about most, especially the average user. They are the ones who don't want to root for this feature.

Sadly, I think by the time this dev adds all games, it will be obsolete. I've said it time and time again, I think data sync will be in the next version of Android. Amazon did it, so it CAN be done.

Upvote 0
Watching now.

Even if this doesn't work for every game, it is a start. The popular ones are the games people worry about most, especially the average user. They are the ones who don't want to root for this feature.

Sadly, I think by the time this dev adds all games, it will be obsolete. I've said it time and time again, I think data sync will be in the next version of Android. Amazon did it, so it CAN be done.

I would've recommended most droid users to root there phones for these sort of things. However, it does void the warranty and it could result in a bricked phone, but think of it, if one reads the instructions carefully to those who doesn't, will achieve success.
Hopefully, if some method does arise or some app like this, I'm sure it be bought to attention somehow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones