• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Porting LG Vortex and Optimus T/V/S ROMS to the M!

I downloaded the latest version of the I.H.O. Backside rom for the optimus V.
ported it using the files in this thread flashed it and it is working great!
jury is still out on the mms. I used the playful god fix. tried to send a picture to a friend to test it and it seamed to be taking a long time. I don't use this feature often enough (matter of fact this is the first time) to know how long it takes. Using GO sms it sent it to a cloud I think but my friend has not responded yet. The wifi and 3g are working and it's running very smooth. I also dark tremor'd it using the latest version of that script and it worked beautifully as well. Thank you this opens a lot more doors and windows for my little m

Reactions: bradzerns
Upvote 0
I downloaded the latest version of the I.H.O. Backside rom for the optimus V.
ported it using the files in this thread flashed it and it is working great!
jury is still out on the mms. I used the playful god fix. tried to send a picture to a friend to test it and it seamed to be taking a long time. I don't use this feature often enough (matter of fact this is the first time) to know how long it takes. Using GO sms it sent it to a cloud I think but my friend has not responded yet. The wifi and 3g are working and it's running very smooth. I also dark tremor'd it using the latest version of that script and it worked beautifully as well. Thank you this opens a lot more doors and windows for my little m

we ported that ROM already and we got MMS working on it. I may update this guide later on how to get MMS working with ported ROM

Upvote 0
we ported that ROM already and we got MMS working on it. I may update this guide later on how to get MMS working with ported ROM
that would be great. like I said I tried the playful god fix and also found several versions of metropcs APN settings none of which work.
the menu screen usually disappears when I save it and have to reset to default. thanks to all of you for your continual help

Upvote 0
Which problem? 0.o
that the backside rom would not flash. I saw this morning that you posted the backside v0.3 I'm going to backup this one and flash your port.
I also have reppard and bobzhome backed up and running well with the apps i want on them and dark tremored. I rooted my phone and flashed my first rom on 1-22-12 so I have a lot of catching up to do.
does the mms work out of the box on the backside v 0.3?

Upvote 0
that the backside rom would not flash. I saw this morning that you posted the backside v0.3 I'm going to backup this one and flash your port.
I also have reppard and bobzhome backed up and running well with the apps i want on them and dark tremored. I rooted my phone and flashed my first rom on 1-22-12 so I have a lot of catching up to do.
does the mms work out of the box on the backside v 0.3?

yes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones