• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Guide] Root/ROM FAQ/Tutorial (for 1.5)

ccapasso

Android Expert
Jan 12, 2010
The Goal of this is to have everything related to rooting your phone in one spot. Hopefully this will help cut down on all of the multiple posts asking the same things over and over.

First things first...I do not take any credit for anything in this as I did not develop anything. Everything here was done by others; I'm simply re-stating it and/or linking it. I am simply trying to make this is simple and easy for everyone as possible.

Second, this rooting guide applies to Stock Sprint Heroes running 1.5. You must follow the other guide for rooting Stock 2.1.

Let

Okay I don't know if I'm retar*ed or what but I'm having an impossible time booting my hero into recovery mode. I've rooted the phone now, I'm trying to do it to install Fresh and when I do it via a command prompt it just rebooted the phone, and when I did it via power off and holding home it took me to an option to erase user data and said action for yes and send for no, I said no just to be safe and it just rebooted my phone back to home screen. Help?

Never mind, did it from the command prompt again and it worked.

Upvote 0
Okay I don't know if I'm retar*ed or what but I'm having an impossible time booting my hero into recovery mode. I've rooted the phone now, I'm trying to do it to install Fresh and when I do it via a command prompt it just rebooted the phone, and when I did it via power off and holding home it took me to an option to erase user data and said action for yes and send for no, I said no just to be safe and it just rebooted my phone back to home screen. Help?

Did you press the home and power and held on till it came up i mean hold on it for awhile and also did you flash a recovery alot of people root the phone but always seem to forget that step about flashing the recovery rom.

Upvote 0

Never mind, did it from the command prompt again and it worked.

Next time just hold down the down volume key during restart. it will get you there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones