• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE]Rooting the LG Volt LS740/LG F90

I have one question:

What is the likelihood that a solution for root on V4 will be developed in the future?

(Having read the process to rollback to V3, I'd rather wait a while for a V4 root.)

Thanks.

It's possible that towelroot will get updated or something, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You may as well rollback and updated with the rooted ROM.

Reactions: p0rky
Upvote 0
YEs, i tried the towelroot on my boost mobile ls740. Phone not supported. Figures. So, do you think that towelroot will be 'upgraded' and just give it a while? New to this. The last time I tried to root a phone was with an HTC indredible 2 running 3.2.1 i think. ANyway, I fuzzled that one and well, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth...
Downgrade

Upvote 0
I've never had a problem with superuser and like it better because there's no things you have to pay a premium for, and I like the GUI better.

Honestly I've never had any need for the premium features of superSU. (I don't even know what they are lol). as to the GUI I agree I like superusers' better, but not enough to really influence anything one way or the other.

Upvote 0
Update to zt4 downloaded, but did NOT install. I can get to towelroot.com through the browser, but whenever I try to download it, I get a message "Download unsuccessful". Can't figure out what is blocking it-already went into Security settings and unchecked the verification box, still wouldn't download towelroot.
Try file transferring it from PC.

Upvote 0
I have a LG Volt LS740 that was originally from Sprint, however, I have flashed it to PagePlus. Before flashing, I tried rooting it, however, I couldn't seem to do so. I tried TowelRoot and Root Genius, however, both turned out unsuccessful. I was forced to skip rooting and simply flash it. Does anybody know a way for me to root a Sprint LG Volt?
Literally the first non stickied post...
http://androidforums.com/threads/root-all-the-volts-new-updated-methods-for-zv4.893332/

Upvote 0
In a strange twist of events, I followed the guide to downgrade my Volt to v3 from v4, rooted it with towelroot (worked perfectly, though i lost all data), and was able to remove the problematic apps, update to v4, AND keep root.

Not sure what I did to make that happen, but as of right now, I have V4 with root (without doing the additional steps to flash with a rooted V4 rom). It might be a happy accident.

I'm running 4.4.2 on LG volt from Virgin Mobile.

Edit: NVM, a quick version check shows me at v3 still. I did update when it asked me to, not sure why the update didn't work. I don't really care either.

Double edit: I was having issues with my camera flash before I downgraded and rooted my phone (in fact, LG customer support recommended I do a factory restore of my phone to fix the problem). I'm still having trouble with it. Flash light apps and the camera seem to be unable to effectively use the flash for anything. Sometimes it works, randomly once or twice out of 100 attempts.

Any idea on what the problem is or how to fix it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones