• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] SuperCID

Hey guys,

I'm also running into write protection with my ViperOneS 2.2.0 (JB 4.1.1). I need S-OFF for updating my radio for ViperOneS 3. I read JB OTA adds write protection. So will I be fine when going back to stock (ICS)? ATM I run:
One S S4
HBOOT 2.15
Radio 1.15.50.05.29_10.30.50.08L
TWRP 2.6.3.0
CID: T-MOB101
All I want to do is get SuperCID and S-OFF my device... So what shall I do now?

Thanks!

Just use another method.you no longer need supercid. You can potentially run moonshine,rumrunner,or firewater. I can get you some links if you need them when I get back to my pc. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. Well I tried moonshine, rumrunner and firewater. None of them work.
Moonshine:
Ok?
(Yes/No)
Yes
!! Do NOT for any reason touch, unplug, lick or maim your device !!
Checking for updates......
Please wait....
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (7/60)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (60/60)
ADB connection failed!!
FIX IT, yes, YOU fix it!!
Press ENTER to exit

Rumrunner:
Ok?
(Yes/No)
Yes
!! Do NOT for any reason taunt, unplug, drop, eat or pet your device !!
Please wait....
Checking for updates......
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (7/120)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (41/120)
must ferment longer...

must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please..............................................
[------------------------------------------------------------]
Rebooting into bootloader (again)
Waiting for fastboot (7/120)
FATAL: Download updated package at www.rumrunner.us
Press ENTER to exit

Firewater:
preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
chugging..........
nasty, need a chaser
nasty, need a chaser
this skunk has some real funk, force (FORCE!!!!) reboot your device and try
again!

Bus error

I disabled my AV and firewall and used a USB2 port. ADB and Fastboot are fine. Bootloader is unlocked. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Not really sure what you're doing wrong,I've not had any luck getting the tools to work on windows. You are still rooted and running a custom rom,correct? For rumrunner to work,you may need to be running an insecure kernel(wich viper should have)

Make sure you've met all the prerequisites and try running rumrunner or firewater from an ubuntu 12.04 live cd

Reactions: TerrorApple
Upvote 0
Awsome! Glad that did the trick. Windows is very susceptible to things running in the background trying to hijack comunications with the device,and also requires the use of prollematic drivers. First time I tried ubuntu I had the same results- after prollems with moonshine on windows,it zipped right thru on ubuntu. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones