Guide to ADB?

Last Updated:

1. aeok18109

aeok18109 Active Member This Topic's Starter

im still relatively new to modding my phone. i had a mytouch 3g with cyanogen 4.2.15 on it but havnt tinkered past that. so far with the vibrant ive rooted, added launcher pro, and flashed the captivate cam software via clockwork

i see a bunch of other stuff i can do via some kind of commands but i dont understand how to set up this adb thing so i can do that o_O. is there a guide for noobs out there like myself?

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

This question gets asked a million times through out the entirety of androidforums and has been answered several times as well. Check out the other parts of the forum, but more importantly, just go to google's android dev site and follow their instructions. If you cant follow that, then maybe it isnt a good idea. Happy hacking.

3. aeok18109

well sorry for being a noob and asking a question. if it was an easy as a process as you make it seem than maybe there should be a dedicated section or a sticky here on this forum. i come here for all my android needs. ill conduct a search and see what i come up with.

EDIT

For all the fellow noobs like me i found this guide. im following it now to see what i come up with.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532719

4. aeok18109

well it worked. i can see my device in the cmd prompt so i guess im good to go from there. now to just start learning how to deal with all the commands. i might use my old mytouch as a guinea pig until i get the hang of it. dont want to brick the vibrant if i can avoid it

5. yatimameiji

See what some DIY can do for you. Now I've only used adb for simple push/pull stuff, so while I cant give a definitive yes/no, I dont think you could brick your phone. Might break android, but nothing booting into download mode and using ODIN to flash the stock rom back to fix.

6. aeok18109

flashing back wont get me back my avatar movie :(

7. yatimameiji

The avatar movie was stored on the sd card. Flashing does not overwrite anything on the card. If you lost it, its because you deleted it.

8. aeok18109

yea i think i might have removed cable at wrong time or sumthin. point is its gone lol

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

10. aeok18109

wow thanks ill give it a try.