• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Guide to flashing your Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade with a custom ROM

Hi all total noob here,can i take it that the first post has now been updated and can be used on TFT screens?

many thanks

You can use the guide on a TFT version, just download a different ROM and then replace the one included in the zip package in Burns guide with the other ROM you downloaded.

I also recommend reading up on here if your a noob... http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/

Cheers

Upvote 0
hi, i've tried to put the jellyfish rom on my phone using this guide (How To Choose And Install A ROM) and it doesnt seem to be installing it, it says it is but goes through way to quickly and then just re boots back to the original orange rom.

any clues on what i'm doing wrong?

Hi all total noob here,can i take it that the first post has now been updated and can be used on TFT screens?

many thanks

try the guide i did a few above this comment. i successfully installed it using the method on 3 tft phones.

Reactions: funder
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi,

Just got a new San Francisco Blade and am trying to install clockwork recovery however when i switch the phone off, remove battery and switch back on holding the + volume key (hold for at least 5 seconds), I cant get the green android logo to stay. The phone boots up as normal.

Never had this problem before with previous San Francisco phones. Anyone out there able to help please.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Just got a new San Francisco Blade and am trying to install clockwork recovery however when i switch the phone off, remove battery and switch back on holding the + volume key (hold for at least 5 seconds), I cant get the green android logo to stay. The phone boots up as normal.

Never had this problem before with previous San Francisco phones. Anyone out there able to help please.
You have a B10 software phone
Get AnReboot from the market and reboot into recovery :)

Upvote 0
I cannot enter boot mode via vol+ and power .
Is there any other combination that should I try ?

Thanks !

For Bootloader, Fastboot:

power on with menu & vol+ held......

You doing TpT? ADB?

just be careful there is not an /image folder with a tpt.zip on your SD card, perhaps from last TpT, as it will install it.......regardless!!!

Also, Quick Boot, from Market, allows Boot into Recovery/Bootloader and normal re-boot or power off:

qb.jpg

Upvote 0
Having gone through the unstalling of the Swedish Spring ROM, can anyone tell me if that means the phone is now unlocked? How can I tell if the phone is unlocked? How do I get it to recognise my new sim?
I think the Radio Interface Layer(RIL) that SS uses means the phone doesnt check for simlock

...also can I now delete the Swedish Spring rar file on the phone or is it needed?

You can of course delete it! :)

Upvote 0
hi my phone was working great then i acidently uninstalled rom manager when i turned it back on it loads the orange logo. then does the fancy spiral thing then goes back to the orange logo with the back arrow key flashing green. i can receive phone calls etc and answer them but the screen stays black.
I have been trying to flash it with the original rom but when i hold the vol+ and power button it just does the same as before and cant get anywhere.
can someone please help thank you...:(

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm very new to rooting, so please bear with me.
I have followed the first steps of the guide, and downloaded all the files and unzipped them. However, when I try to switch the phone on, (OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10), whilst holding the volume+ key, the green android appears briefly then the orange logo comes on. No matter how often/quick/slow that I try, I still cannot get the android to stay on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones