• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guide to rooting Huawei Ascend Y210-0100 (Gingerbread)

blha303

Lurker
Jul 30, 2014
I wrote up this guide on reddit and it's now on the first page of Google results for 'huawei ascend y210-0100 root', which was my goal, but I thought I'd submit it to the forum here as well.

With lots of thanks to jcase for pointing me at temproot.
Steps:

• Earlier I got Doomlord's easy rooting toolkit to try that. It didn't work, but it gave me adb, su, busybox, Superuser.apk, all that. If you don't have those already, get that, it's the easiest way to get all the files at once IMO.
  • Get temproot from <can't post link>
  • Use adb push to upload su, busybox and temproot to the device. adb push <name> /data/local/tmp
  • adb shell
    $ cd /data/local/tmp
    $ chmod 4755 temproot
    $ ./temproot
    ./temproot
  • Root acquired.
  • Thanks, HTC, for leaving this exploit open for such a ridiculously long time!
    # chmod 4755 busybox
    # ./busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
    # chmod 4755 su
    # ./busybox cp su /system/bin/su
    # ./busybox cp busybox /system/bin/busybox
    # exit
    $ su
    #
If it's worked, you should see a # after using su. I might have missed a step, so if you've had a problem, leave a comment. After doing this, exit from adb shell and use adb install Superuser.apk to install Superuser. Thanks for reading.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones