Guide to using Mobile Odin

1. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

How to use Mobile Odin

Step 1 is acquiring it, you can do this one of two ways. by grabbing the free version here or buying it for 5 bucks on the play store. If you use teh free version youll also need to install another addon apk, the one we want is found here you need the R530-v2.0 one :)

so youve got it installed? great load it up and scroll down to the file you want to flash (in this guide ill be showing you how to flash a full tar) so go down to that one.

[​IMG]

click on open file and select the tar you wish to flash. it will then prompt you that it has filled the slots for you. go and tap on recovery and data and clear them.

Some people have had their sdcards wiped by wiping data, use at your own risk

From there scroll down and choose wipe data and dalvik (this will not wipe your internal sdcard), and wipe cache as well. from here you need to select your extra options:

[​IMG]

everroot injects root into teh flashing file so that you get root from the get go. injecting supersu and mobile odin allows you to have tools should you need them as soon as you boot :)

Now all thats left is to click flash (it will prompt to do md5 sum checking, im lazy and never bother to, YMMV) it will boot into a special recovery mode and flash everything :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shabbypenguin

OK SO i DIDNT NEED ALL 3 POSTS!!!!
    Pappy62 and ARocker like this.
  3. Shabbypenguin

SO WHATS YOUR POINT?!?! :p
  4. thatguy96

thatguy96 Well-Known Member

you need pro version for this though...if im not mistaken...or are they already on by default in the lite version?
  5. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

The only difference between the two is the extra file to download and install. Read the instructions for the extra file. It is known. Lol
    thatguy96 likes this.
  6. thatguy96

Hodor?...so the options that are grayed out are already checked in the lite version basically if im not wrong...i had already installed the lite version with the extra file...its just that some options were grayed out...
  7. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

ive bought the paid version and never had lite version so cant really say whats the difference but the steps are easy to follow please make sure ya select recovery once ya load the tar and press clear that way mobile odin dont replace your custom recovery with stock recovery.
  8. thatguy96

ill just get the pro version...all the grayed out boxes make me paranoid :p
  9. Shabbypenguin

to get all the options you will need to have get the pro version however. regardless if you make sure to not flash recovery then you can easily root again.
    n4zty and thatguy96 like this.
  10. edgeez25

edgeez25 Well-Known Member

Hey shabby so we can use mobile Odin with the updated tar file?
  11. Shabbypenguin

correct :)
    morgankslade and edgeez25 like this.
  12. thatguy96

do you mean the jellybean tar in the back to stock thread? if so then yeah that is the main reason this thread was made :)
  13. edgeez25

edgeez25 Well-Known Member

14. fatalfury

fatalfury Well-Known Member

Shabby i bought the pro version off play store now you explained for free version what about paid version
  15. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

pro version lets you keep root and injects itself into the tar so when u flash you will still have root and mobile odin installed :D
  16. fatalfury

fatalfury Well-Known Member

so i can use the 1.2 gb that shabby posted
  17. thatguy96

18. Gam3r 4 Life

Gam3r 4 Life Well-Known Member

Since the wipe data and cache option is greyed out, what can we do? Just flash anyway and hope it doesnt cause force closes from not wiping data? Also what method do we use to reroot? Thanks
  19. Shabbypenguin

use recovery's factory reset

and you can use recovery to root again
  20. hesitatetwice

hesitatetwice Well-Known Member

So by doing this with the tar. Located on (return to stock...) and flash it . I will still have root access? And doing the steps that master obi-wan shabby said to do i should be a jedi by the end of the night correct (4.1.2)?
  21. thatguy96

To keep root you need mobile odin pro
  22. hesitatetwice

Got it. Show me more. I dont want to screw up. I have 5 mins left on the download tar.

Or should just wait tell i get the ota on kies and flash it and wait until i figure the whole root thingy.
  23. thatguy96

Basically now you just follow shabby instructions and check the options he writes you have to check...in his screens hits some options have not been checked that need to be checked i think so carefully read instructions
  24. hesitatetwice

another question has anyone used this method and worked??
  25. Shabbypenguin

>.> uhh yea :p