• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Guide] Triumphant Battery Tips

I was going from around eight in the morning till five in the evening and with my usual use ending up at forty percent.I put all theFacebook peeps that I care about in a group and set it to notify gmail, I only use the same gmail with other friends. Forward that gmail to my virgin mobile, so now any fb or other gmail activity happens I get a text. Turned off 3g, still get all my notifications, if I want to follow up an easy toggle and I'm back online. Eight in the morning till six tonight, same normal use, no missed notifications, and I'm at 85% battery.

Upvote 0
:D

Smart Phone is like a car, when not in use, shutdown non essential things. Most important things for me are call, SMS, and MMS. Thus, network radio signal needs to be on. 3G Data, Background data, Auto Sync, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. can remain off when not in use. Especially, at night why keep 3G and Background data on?

If wi-fi or GPS or 3G is on and any of these signals are weak then the phone drains too much battery. We have to ensure to turn off wi-fi or GPS or 3G if any of those signals are weak.

Many times I have done cardinal sin of stopping applications and app services too just because phone was heating too much.

Of course, Playing too much music, videos, games and browsing will certainly eat up the battery.

The main idea is to have enough phone battery power available for essential tasks when we need to perform them.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones