• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Unbrick OR Unroot LG Motion 4G [KDZ]

I removed your email address for your protection, they can PM you

Ah ok ty for that, so i realized in my download history on my phone that file is the actual. .cab when i uploaded it to my pc it shows up as a .rar so i unzipped it I'm thinking that's why i can't find the .cab to convert it? I haven't had a chance to get my laptop back up yet haven't been home but when i do ill navigate to that .rar and see if it is recognized. However if someone could show me a few screen shots of exactly i need to be looking for file wise on my PC that would be really helpful.

Upvote 0
Ah ok ty for that, so i realized in my download history on my phone that file is the actual. .cab when i uploaded it to my pc it shows up as a .rar so i unzipped it I'm thinking that's why i can't find the .cab to convert it? I haven't had a chance to get my laptop back up yet haven't been home but when i do ill navigate to that .rar and see if it is recognized. However if someone could show me a few screen shots of exactly i need to be looking for file wise on my PC that would be really helpful.

No you still need the KDZ zip, it is a .zip file that contains programs for drivers, cab to kdz converter, and the KDZ flasher.

If you are downloading with the phone, use Opera Mini browser from the Google Play Store to download it. That should work for ya :)

But you are supposed to be doing all this from a PC..

Upvote 0
It was the very early ones that came clocked at 1.2GHz
I think you should update your op so people don't do this when they already have 1.5GHz on their phone. From what I know, the box of the phone states what PRL is loaded on it. Perhaps that's an indicator of the older Motion 4G phones compared to the current ones?

I know more people are going to be linking to here with the current deal on the phone.

Upvote 0
@douglasr007
The prl is a file in the phone that lists available cellphone towers. It is updated to newer versions regularly on any properly functioning phone.

The prl is not linked to the CPU frequency.
Alright, I thought if a more up to date PRL loaded on the phone would somehow mean the software (or hardware) was updated. Obviously those things are not mutually exclusive.

Is using an app such as SetCPU the only way to tell you're clocked at 1.2 or 1.5 GHz?

Upvote 0
I just got my LG Motion, spent hours rooting, installing apps & so on...to get it just how I wanted. I decided to use the custom font switcher to change my font. When my phone rebooted it went into a boot loop. I am so pissed!

From what I'm seeing here the only way to fix this is to "unbrick" the phone, which will also unroot it & undo everything I've spent the better part of the day doing?

Please, please tell me there's another way!

Also, is there another way to get the KDZ file? Mediafire is blocked for me.

Upvote 0
I just got my LG Motion, spent hours rooting, installing apps & so on...to get it just how I wanted. I decided to use the custom font switcher to change my font. When my phone rebooted it went into a boot loop. I am so pissed!

From what I'm seeing here the only way to fix this is to "unbrick" the phone, which will also unroot it & undo everything I've spent the better part of the day doing?

Please, please tell me there's another way!

Also, is there another way to get the KDZ file? Mediafire is blocked for me.

There are alternative links in the firmware thread for the cab file.

Also you can reroot afterwards.

Reactions: droid newb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones