• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] [GUIDE] Unbrick OR Unroot LG Optimus F3 [KDZ]

someone please help me I get this when I try to do it

23:49:38 : Launching SW update
23:49:38 : Unpacking KDZ
23:50:12 : KDZ file extraced
23:50:44 : Files were extracted.
23:50:44 : LGMobileDL Load.
23:50:44 : Port = -1
23:50:45 : Connecting to phone
23:50:59 : Check Phone mode = 2
23:50:59 : Phone type check.......
23:51:06 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
23:51:06 : _SetAuthMark Fail
23:51:06 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(65535)
23:51:06 : LoadLibrary Error(126)
23:51:09 : ===FINISHED===

I have the t-mobile f3

Upvote 0
someone please help me I get this when I try to do it

23:49:38 : Launching SW update
23:49:38 : Unpacking KDZ
23:50:12 : KDZ file extraced
23:50:44 : Files were extracted.
23:50:44 : LGMobileDL Load.
23:50:44 : Port = -1
23:50:45 : Connecting to phone
23:50:59 : Check Phone mode = 2
23:50:59 : Phone type check.......
23:51:06 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
23:51:06 : _SetAuthMark Fail
23:51:06 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(65535)
23:51:06 : LoadLibrary Error(126)
23:51:09 : ===FINISHED===

I have the t-mobile f3

I get the same thing. Can anyone help. I've tried 2 computers already and I get the same error

Upvote 0
its not hardbricked. i will give it a try. thanks

Edit: The emergency mode did not work but that was not the problem. The problem was Windows XP and Windows 7 for me. Both OS gave me the error but when I tried Windows 8, it worked perfectly on download mode. So if you get an error, just try a different computer/OS.

Upvote 0

Edit: The emergency mode did not work but that was not the problem. The problem was Windows XP and Windows 7 for me. Both OS gave me the error but when I tried Windows 8, it worked perfectly on download mode. So if you get an error, just try a different computer/OS.

Yes I tried on Windows 7 got that error you saw on my post, then on windows 8 and it flashed correctly. I think thats cause the latest lg software is compatible with windows 8 making it only work for windows 8 or something. Well at least I have a windows 8 computer and it all works out :D

Upvote 0
Heres an interesting one: following this method worked on my t-mobile f3 but the contacts app and phone seem to be corrupt. They won't open. More importantly, about a week after completing this my phone lost all signal whatsoever and the t-mobile support team has spent three hours being flummoxed about whats going on. Anyone have advice?

Upvote 0
Heres an interesting one: following this method worked on my t-mobile f3 but the contacts app and phone seem to be corrupt. They won't open. More importantly, about a week after completing this my phone lost all signal whatsoever and the t-mobile support team has spent three hours being flummoxed about whats going on. Anyone have advice?

Try flashing the metro pcs firmware? Maybe? :thinking:

Upvote 0
is there a risk to that? If I flash the metro kdz will I lose wifi-calling?

I think so, but there are other methods you can use to get wifi calling back. Other than that there are no other risks since both firmware work and the metro pcs is actually the better of the two from a thread I saw. I guess you can just reflash the t-mobile firmware and see if it works.

Upvote 0
I think so, but there are other methods you can use to get wifi calling back. Other than that there are no other risks since both firmware work and the metro pcs is actually the better of the two from a thread I saw. I guess you can just reflash the t-mobile firmware and see if it works.
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll reflash the T-Mobile because I really can't live without wifi calling but I'll try the Metro PCS if it comes to that.

Upvote 0
What was your problem again? Your contacts and phone apps were corrupt? If thats it then maybe get the apk files for them and manually install them. Or you can just replace them in general with apps from the play store.

Edit: Heres a google search full of them: https://www.google.com/search?num=20&espv=2&q=android+dialer+and+contacts+replacement+app&oq=android+dialer+and+contacts+replacement+app&gs_l=serp.3...7164.16502.0.17346.24.24.0.0.0.0.246.2960.0j17j2.19.0....0...1c.1.48.serp..17.7.1110.26qGOooLYJE

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, but the real problem is that the network connection just cut after installing this and as T-Mobile doesn't understand whats wrong I assumed flashing this could have been responsible. Is that likely, or could my sim card just be busted?

OK first of all just take the sim out and put it back then. If not try flashing the t-mobile firmware again, if that doesn't work then try the metro pcs one. If that still doesn't work then flash the t-mobile one since you need wifi calling and try to change your sim. Thats all I can think of that might work and sorry if it might be a bit tedious.

Upvote 0
OK first of all just take the sim out and put it back then. If not try flashing the t-mobile firmware again, if that doesn't work then try the metro pcs one. If that still doesn't work then flash the t-mobile one since you need wifi calling and try to change your sim. Thats all I can think of that might work and sorry if it might be a bit tedious.
Thanks for the advice, flashing tmobile firmware now

Upvote 0
HI

I downloaded and used the T-Mobile: P65910b_05.kdz firmware.

I'm seeing a number of problems such as home button doesn't work, screen lock doesn't work, and notifications do not show up.

Does someone have a pointer to the lg original firmware or can suggest how to get lg to load the native firmware directly?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Strange, I have tried this method all day yesterday on Windows 8, no luck.

Upvote 0
HI

I downloaded and used the T-Mobile: P65910b_05.kdz firmware.

I'm seeing a number of problems such as home button doesn't work, screen lock doesn't work, and notifications do not show up.
Thanks
Did you perform a factory reset after booting up with the newly flashed firmware?

Flashing the firmware does not wipe your device. I've tried to make the point that this final step (performing a factory reset) should be added to the instructions. If you have old files / software from your previous ROM mixed in with newly flashed files, I would expect problems like the ones you're having.

Upvote 0
Not running either, other than Windows Defender.
You don't have anti-virus? Well, that's pretty reckless if this computer is connected to the internet.

If you don't have access to another Windows computer, you can try turning off Windows Defender. Also, if that's running, I'm guessing the built-in Windows firewall is enabled, and you can try disabling that.

Really though, trying another computer seems to be the solution for most -- myself included when I had this problem (technically the same computer, but a different install of Windows).

Upvote 0
You don't have anti-virus? Well, that's pretty reckless if this computer is connected to the internet.

If you don't have access to another Windows computer, you can try turning off Windows Defender. Also, if that's running, I'm guessing the built-in Windows firewall is enabled, and you can try disabling that.

Really though, trying another computer seems to be the solution for most -- myself included when I had this problem (technically the same computer, but a different install of Windows).

Everything is off. Tried another computer running windows 8.1 yesterday. Installed everything fresh. Same errors and luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones