• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] Unbrick/Unroot Lucid 2 VS870[KDZ]

Will the kdz full flash method allow me to use another gsm network carrier? I'm on 11a. I've only done rooting to my phone. I'm only allowed emergency calls with the sim card from a new carrier in the slot and wondering if kdz flash will help. Any suggestions?

No. If you want to unlock the phone, you must ask Verizon to unlock it. I'm not even sure if this phone has GSM capabilities. My guess is that it doesn't. Just because a phone has a "SIM" card slot, doesn't mean it's a GSM phone. Phones that are CDMA only and have a "SIM" slot are actually ICCID card slots and it is only for 4G.

Reactions: businssthought
Upvote 0
No. If you want to unlock the phone, you must ask Verizon to unlock it.

Well, that explains the GSM slot if that's what it comes down to.

I've called Verizon tech dept and was told this phone is a discontinued model which it was made unlockable. He explained it to me that it dealt with the software, never made it to Jellybean or something like that which prompts you to unlock the phone.

It's really a great fantastic phone for the price. I'm guessing it's why the phone is so cheap in the market. You have no choice but to go with Verizon network.

Any other similar phone with unlockable capabilities is listed at twice the cost, I'm sure. Oh well.

Upvote 0
Well, that explains the GSM slot if that's what it comes down to.

I've called Verizon tech dept and was told this phone is a discontinued model which it was made unlockable. He explained it to me that it dealt with the software, never made it to Jellybean or something like that which prompts you to unlock the phone.

It's really a great fantastic phone for the price. I'm guessing it's why the phone is so cheap in the market. You have no choice but to go with Verizon network.

Any other similar phone with unlockable capabilities is listed at twice the cost, I'm sure. Oh well.

So Verizon won't unlock it?

Upvote 0
I seem to be having the same problem. I used IE and Chrome and only get to about 22mb before it tells me its "done." I'm not bricked, just want to update and keep getting a "err: 0x13e" which is caused by the updater detecting an aftermarket recovery. Does anyone have a good link to the .cab?

it might not be the .cab it might be the usb driver you downloaded (i had the same issue) it didnt work for me until i got the driver from the "Official" site
LG VS840 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

IF its the .cab here Official Stock LG Lucid 2 VS870 Firmware / Rom - LG Cell Phones Blog

click the mirror software V10B

also if any of you have soft bricked or modded your build.prop and had no back up this will fix your issue it will also fix half-root LG Mobile Support Tool Free Download

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So, before I say anything else, I'd like to say thanks for the great help in this forum, and I have read through this whole forum thoroughly, and followed the instructions to a "T".

What happened: I rooted my Lucid 2 using a one-click apk (Framroot?). Downloaded it, used the Gandalf and Eragorn roots, the Gandalf one granted root access, as verified by Root Checker.

I proceeded to download TB and a few other suggested apps, and went about deleting a few of the default apps. I don't remember which ones I did... but I was using my phone later, it died, and on reboot it showed the LG Security Error screen.

I've tried the steps in this thread to try to flash the stock ROM, but it has failed twice saying "The Phone Could Not Be Located" and then quit. I'm using the stock USB cord, and the computer beeps off and on indicating that there is something being plugged in. Windows 7, anti-virus is off, and phone is in download mode.

What am I missing?!

Upvote 0
So, before I say anything else, I'd like to say thanks for the great help in this forum, and I have read through this whole forum thoroughly, and followed the instructions to a "T".

What happened: I rooted my Lucid 2 using a one-click apk (Framroot?). Downloaded it, used the Gandalf and Eragorn roots, the Gandalf one granted root access, as verified by Root Checker.

I proceeded to download TB and a few other suggested apps, and went about deleting a few of the default apps. I don't remember which ones I did... but I was using my phone later, it died, and on reboot it showed the LG Security Error screen.

I've tried the steps in this thread to try to flash the stock ROM, but it has failed twice saying "The Phone Could Not Be Located" and then quit. I'm using the stock USB cord, and the computer beeps off and on indicating that there is something being plugged in. Windows 7, anti-virus is off, and phone is in download mode.

What am I missing?!
What you did was delete system apps from a stock ROM... In order to do that you need a Custom ROM first.. Otherwise you soft brick and that's what happened. All you have to do is do a software update via PC.

Upvote 0

What am I missing?!

To update follow the instructions in my pervious post LG mobile support tool

Upvote 0
I've tried that, the LG Mobile Support Tool doesn't recognize that my phone has been plugged in
I figured out your issue if you can get your phone into the power off/charge mode (blue battery icon) it will say "please install drivers or use original charger" for some odd reason this has happened to me too before I have used this guide successfully more times then I can count. For some strange reason even if you are using the original charger it will say that instead of showing blue battery when powered off and connected to PC

How I fixed this
1. Plug phone into wall and get it too show blue battery charging state.
2. Then unplug from wall (DO NOT unplug from the USB grab the outlet plug to unplug)

Method 2
1. Use a different USB cord

Method 3.
I am not sure if this was what fixed it (without method 2) but it worked
I was using a xp PC with the same exact hardware same exact model same exact Microsoft files installed cause I was using pubilc library computers to fix BUT even still switching computers helped )

NOTES: when you plug in your phone and put it into download the bottom right of the windows screen will say "USB device" ect. Wait til it says "composite USB" wait somemore til it says "VZW something" then you know its gonna work! To make sure open the windows Device Manager (don't know how to open ? Google it) in device manager it should say "VZW something" under ports
IF YOU KEEP HEARING THE WINDOWS DEVICE INSTALLER SOUND DONT worry it should still work if you see device manager flashing it should still work

Upvote 0
Hey achilles1643, thanks for helping these guys. I really appreciate it. I haven't had time to keep up with all of my unbrick guides :eek:
Um I woke up this morning and my phone no longer charges on the wall.. Only USB I really don't wanna go through this process AGAIN! any ideas
I tried battery change
I tried changing cords and plugs
Its not a hardware issue its a software issue any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hey achilles1643, thanks for helping these guys. I really appreciate it. I haven't had time to keep up with all of my unbrick guides :eek:
I figured out the issue most everyone is having the drivers from your box link DO NOT WORK! error phone not found you MUST install drivers from http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VS870 please update your link sammyz

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones