[GUIDE] Update to ZVDSupport

1. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

The update for ZVD has been release. :cool: As y'all know;)
    Download the LG Drivers here:LG _USB _Drivers_All_4.9.7.zip - File Shared from Box
    Then download and run the LG update tool here:http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

Prior to beginning backup your contacts to your SD(Contacts-More-Import/Export-Export to SD-SD Card-Select All-Export).

Plug your phone in(Choose Internet Connection Mode) and the update tool will check your phone. The "Start Updating" will turn red when the tool is done reading the phone. As shown in the picture:
    [​IMG]
    Click "Start Updating" and phone will update within 30-40 minutes.
    How to verify your version: Bottom left button on your phone-Settings-About Phone-SW version:D
    BEFORE
    [​IMG][
    AFTER
    [​IMG]

Power off your phone and remove your external SD card if you have one.

Recommended that after you finish the upgrade process that you Factory Reset your phone as shown in the pics below.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your option to "Erase the Internal SD card" just bear in mind any pictures,docs,ect will be lost if you do.

Power off the phone and reinsert your external SD and boot up.
    The Google Play will update and one of the neat things about it is it not only shows what apps are currently installed on the phone(under "My Apps") but also if you scroll right shows you every app you ever downloaded while using the user specific G mail account the phone was set up with when you first activated it:cool:

[​IMG]
    As always if you have any :confused:'s post up and one of us will help you:D
    HOLLA:p:):D

Advertisement
    :
  2. MetroPOS

MetroPOS Well-Known Member

What about when you're updating from a rooted ZVB? I heard root ZVB doesn't work on ZVD so what kind of difficulties updating should I expect
  3. gbiggie

4. pimpadimp101

pimpadimp101 Well-Known Member

Is t his zvd update rootable?
  5. gbiggie

set2rest likes this.
  6. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

This might be a dumb question but do I need internet? Cause I have none at home and the reason for asking that question is because of the whole "internet connection mode thing".
  7. gbiggie

Yeah you need an internet connection to download the drivers and the LG mobile support update tool to your computer. Could always use a free WiFi spot to get the two files downloaded say if you have a laptop.
    The internet connection mode is referring to your phone when USB is connected to your computer :D

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Mexjoker likes this.
  8. Mexjoker

Ah thanks! Made it much clearer to me lol well guess I have to be on zvc for a while :D dont mind that at all
  9. wagonis

wagonis Well-Known Member

I've updated to ZVD a week after its release and ever since then my Titanium Backup has not been working properly.

I gave a scheduled backup that never gets passed 13% and if i ever try to go into TB, i get a FC within a few seconds after starting the app.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  10. gbiggie

No problems here..try uninstalling the TB app from your phone then reinstall the free then the paid key and see if that corrects it.

Mexjoker likes this.
  11. Mexjoker

Gbiggie, Do you think if I upgrade to a zvd rom(ldrifta's) that it'll mess up my phone? Cause I havent had any reboot issues except for yesterday when it went to the metropcs screen and the day I got it but those were only 1 time things. After that the phone never rebooted.
  12. gbiggie

Update via the tool first-root-install recovery first -and make a backup before anything. That way you will always have a base to go back to just in case your phone does not like some of the changes(ROMS-Themes-ect.)
    I have just been running the stock ROM with a few things deleted..with the source being released for ZVD this am...the builds for ROMS/themes/kernels should be a bit more stable:)
    Mexjoker likes this.
  13. Mexjoker

Actually that is the problem lol no wifi. Dont have a laptop only a computer D:
  14. gbiggie

Ohh yeah that's right.
    What is your version now?
    Rooted?
    Answer those ?'s and we will go from there:D

Mexjoker likes this.
  15. Mexjoker

ZVC
    Yes
    Rom: LD-LG ZVC
    Not OC'ed
    Hope that helps
  16. gbiggie

Wait until you get a CPU to use to upgrade to ZVD. Being that you are on ZVC right now gives you the luxury of using almost all the available ROMs and such as they were all built from zvb/zvc.

Mexjoker likes this.
  17. Mexjoker

True True. Thanks! :)
  18. bennyben

bennyben Well-Known Member

I have a question? I'm on zvc firmware, rooted an I have no internet at all. Although I do have wifi tether, is it possibleto use the wifi tether to update it?

Or could I download the update like I did with my ascend an manually update it?
  19. gbiggie

No because the phone has to be connected to the computer in order to update it(determine what your version is).
    The file upload for the update is huge btw.
  20. bennyben

bennyben Well-Known Member

Oh well that's a bummer. Guess I'm gonna have to find a hot spot.
  21. wagonis

wagonis Well-Known Member

Worked like a charm, thanks!
  22. gbiggie

23. MrRicobsb

MrRicobsb New Member

I updated to qvd and rooted my esteem. The question is; what are the best and safest ROM's to use? Also instructions on how to do these task properly without hurting my phone. Thanks
  24. gbiggie

At this point these are your choices for ROMs
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4209281
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4189852
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4167668
    And this is an excellent read to get startedhttp://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=3907769
    If you need any help just HOLLA:D
  25. Jeezus

Jeezus Member

How can you tell if you have ZVB or ZVD?