• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] Using LGNPST 1.3 to FULL Stock ZV5

@asadullah did you get this worked out?

I just came on to see if anyone else had. I haven't been able to this is my first opportunity in awhile to mess with things. One method I haven't tried is just the bin file flash. I wanted to wait till I got mms on sprint marquee but waiting on others doesn't pay off so I may do it myself.

On another note I talked to the guys from lgp500 forums and asked them about the bootloader they have. It's not built from source it's from a cab file from awhile back they had. That's good and bad news. I would really like to see a bootloader built from source but it lets us know that getting the bootloader from the zv4 can be done. Just gotta do it.

Upvote 0
Sammy you did some amazing work with the OV in what less than 2 weeks. Used this to downgrade from zv9 (had some trouble with it) to zv5.

In a day less than 2 hours :p

I just came on to see if anyone else had. I haven't been able to this is my first opportunity in awhile to mess with things. One method I haven't tried is just the bin file flash. I wanted to wait till I got mms on sprint marquee but waiting on others doesn't pay off so I may do it myself.

On another note I talked to the guys from lgp500 forums and asked them about the bootloader they have. It's not built from source it's from a cab file from awhile back they had. That's good and bad news. I would really like to see a bootloader built from source but it lets us know that getting the bootloader from the zv4 can be done. Just gotta do it.

I have no idea how to do that. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Hey can you link me to this cab?

Upvote 0
This is a great HOW-TO, but it is a little out of date. I think I used it successfully quite a while ago, and now I need it again but can't get the LPNPST 1.3 download - link broken. Cannot find elsewhere on the 'net either.

sammyZ - can you post LGNPST 1.3 somewhere? I tried to use the one on your Optimus M page, but it is a later version and errors out during install anyway.

I'd just a soon use 1.3 if it can be found.

I actually still have 1.3 installed, but it will not start. I reloaded drivers etc. but cannot find the original install package for LGNPST 1.3.

Please update - I need to put this phone back to stock and don't really want to go the ZV9 route.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones