1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

{GUIDE x2} Update to ZVD/Root ZVD

Last Updated:

1. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon VIP Member

The update for ZVD has been release. :cool:
    Download the LG Drivers here:LG _USB _Drivers_All_4.9.7.zip - File Shared from Box
    Then download and run the LG update tool here:http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

If you have an external SD card in your phone remove it now.

Plug your phone in(Choose Internet Connection Mode) and the update tool will check your phone. The "Start Updating" will turn red when the tool is done reading the phone. As shown in the picture:
    [​IMG]
    Click "Start Updating" and phone will update within 30-40 minutes.

Once updated if you wish to root proceed:

Prior to rooting ZVD version do a 'Factory data reset' on your phone: Settings-Privacy-Factory data reset-Check the box to "Erase Internal SD card"-then select "Reset phone".

Download the root for your Computer operating system:
    Windows:http://vulnfactory.org/public/LG_Esteem_Root_v2_Windows.zip
    Linux/OSX:http://vulnfactory.org/public/LG_Esteem_Root_v2_Linux_OSX.zip

Unzip the files.

Put your phone in USB debugging: Settings-Applications-Development USB debugging

Plug your phone into computer -Run the "runautorun.exe"
    [​IMG]

Select "Internet Connection Mode"
    [​IMG]
    Open the root file you downloaded and extracted(unzipped) execute:
    Windows-run.bat
    Linux OSX-run.sh

CMD Window opens follow the prompts on the screen.
    Thanks to Android Forums - View Profile: jburt for the video on the root process:cool:
    LG Esteem | ZVC Root Complete Tutorial Walk Through | 1st on Youtube! - YouTube

Disconnect the phone from the computer.
    Setup your Gmail account and proceed to the "Play Store"(Market) and download ROM Manager(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager)

Open app and "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
    Then "Backup Current ROM"

One thing to keep in mind-if you flash any ROM,Kernel, it will overwrite the fix for the power cycling(random re-boot) problem in previous SW versions.
    Until all ROM & Kernels are built from ZVD source there will be problems:mad:

Big [​IMG] to:
    All you ROMMERS & Themers
    rooting god djrbliss(Dan Rosenberg)
    jburt for the root video
    Testers: Fuzzy13,djlucklu,mrpnut,killayogibear

Advertisement
  2. Carlos1986

Carlos1986 Well-Known Member

Any benefits to doing this?
  3. gbiggie

Supposedly fixing the rebooting issue some are having. TBD;)

I just wanted to see if they added or improved anything...so far I see nada;)
  4. yaras1979

yaras1979 Well-Known Member

What about root, yes or no?
  5. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

yaras1979 likes this.
  6. gbiggie

Mk got his to take -cant get mine to-waiting to here if nuttmeg was successful
    Gotta zz for a bit..pushing 23 hrs up:eek:
  7. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

Boy ton of bloat, root and cwm work fine, I used the cwm app very easy, looks like there is more bloat than before. Seems to to power up faster. Metro boot animation has no sound... Kind of miss the metro pcs sound on boot.. booooo:(
  8. kungfu411

kungfu411 Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm having no rebooting problems on b. So I'm staying there. Getting a lil tired of upgrading , downgrading. Next thing u known you've killed your phone.

If ur having reboot problems then good luck hope it works.
  9. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

ZVB runs slower than both ZVC and ZVD. There is also a newer baseband version with ZVD, it makes the radios more efficient (less power drain). Upgrading your ROM also will not kill your phone.
  10. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

seems promising then, you sure about this?
  11. redhook

Yes, my baseband version has changed since the update. The baseband is the radios firmware.

Baseband Version: MS910ZVD-M7X30-AABBQMLYM-4040
    Trek950 and gbiggie like this.
  12. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS VIP Member

Imma try it tonight on my wife phone she has zvc and that s@#% reboots about 5 times a day I hope it dose work ill let u guys know if thu reboots stop :)
  13. kungfu411

kungfu411 Well-Known Member

and what big difference have you notice from b-c ?
  14. redhook

I just went from B to D. The phone is running much smoother now and I haven't noticed any slowdowns like I was getting with B (phone would become unresponsive).

EDIT: And you do not lose any of your apps or settings when you upgrade.
    olo Malice olo, gbiggie and kungfu411 like this.
  15. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

hasn't rebooted on me yet, and i can actually use ck: zombies with out it crashing:eek: .......
    olo Malice olo likes this.
  16. signs510

signs510 Member

do i need to put phone back to stock to update
  17. redhook

Nope.
    reilus and gbiggie like this.
  18. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

yes rooted and install RZ and made a backup and install LD ick 1.4, and the screen is much more responsive. ;)
    asheehanjr likes this.
  19. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Edited......No longer valid.
  20. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Will all the ROMs be compatible? If so i might try it out and see if i like it better but what about down grading? Any info on that yet?
  21. LX

LX Well-Known Member

Everything good here. Anyone having issues flashing the custom kernels? I get stock at the metropcs screen after flashing the plagues 1.8 ghz one
  22. gbiggie

What do you mean you get stock:confused:
  23. gbiggie

Gotta go meet upbwith the one gentleman and try to revive his phone..but going to test out a few roms and kernels shortly...(where is my coffee):eek::rolleyes:
  24. LX

LX Well-Known Member

Im on stock rooted zvd. I try flashing plagues 1.8ghz kernel and my phone wont go past the metropcs screen. Weird. Ima play with it more when i get home
  25. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

think he meant he got stuck.