• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {GUIDE x2} Update to ZVD/Root ZVD

im running zvb with ick rom and the only thing i could complain about is when im on the phone theres a lag to hang up, dial buttons (like using voicemail). Will update fix that?

It should. I'm running 100% stock ZVD right now and have not had any lag or slowdowns. I did factory reset the phone after the update in order to make sure nothing got left behind too.

Upvote 0
Appreciate the advice :). I think I'm going to wait a few days to see if any kinks are noticed.

It is worth the update. It made my phone much smoother with no lag and the boot up is faster by a bit, apps open much faster and i herd that it fixed the radios for the service and that means less battery drain. And one thing they took out was the Metro sound on the boot up.

Upvote 0
It is worth the update. It made my phone much smoother with no lag and the boot up is faster by a bit, apps open much faster and i herd that it fixed the radios for the service and that means less battery drain. And one thing they took out was the Metro sound on the boot up.
I havent had any of these issues so that's why i'm willing to wait.

Upvote 0
Man i don't know why i don't trust my instinct, Think I'll go back to B. this shit just froze on me all I'm doing is surfing the web nothing is being responsive I'll have to do a hard shut down.

Did you do a factory reset after applying the update? If not you might have some old stuff lingering around that is causing this. I did a factory reset after the first boot with ZVD and haven't had a single issue.

Upvote 0
Did you do a factory reset after applying the update? If not you might have some old stuff lingering around that is causing this. I did a factory reset after the first boot with ZVD and haven't had a single issue.

did one before installing idk.1.7 zvc data wipe cache wipe and dekal.. Said i was going back to B first sign of trouble and here i go lol. next upgrade or update will be for cm9 or something

Upvote 0
did one before installing idk.1.7 zvc data wipe cache wipe and dekal.. Said i was going back to B first sign of trouble and here i go lol. next upgrade or update will be for cm9 or something

you are using LDK-ICK ZVB & ZVC ICS Hybrid on zvd right? instead of the stock zvd that's probably why you crashed. you said on the other thread you installed LDK-ICK on zvd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones