• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {GUIDE x2} Update to ZVD/Root ZVD

How did get back to B from D? Was it not worth it?

Just downgraded, i was only testing the thing froze on me for no reason couldn't do anything but a hard shutdown. didn't notice much of a difference from b. i didn't have problems on B. so I'm back on it and happy.

Hopefully those who were having problems with booting and anything else have better luck. :p

Upvote 0
Here i am at a metro store trying to get lkakos phone back up and running. You guys are over testing this D...i want to test..LOL:D:thumbup:
oTrgF9vw

Upvote 0
EDIT after tons of re-try's it finally saw my phone. Updating now....

Ok, cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Installed latest drivers
Downloaded and installed update program

run it
plug in phone
it still says "disconnected"

I have tried it in "internet only" mode, charging only mode, and in mass storage mode. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0

Installed latest drivers

run it
plug in phone

I have tried it in "internet only" mode, charging only mode, and in mass storage mode. What am I doing wrong?

Enable USB debugging in settings/applications and turn on internet mode. Make sure you are using the correct drivers too, there's a couple different sets.

EDIT: This is the correct driver package. The ones LG has listed under MetroPCS are not the correct ones for the Esteem.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/drivers/LGAndroidDriver_Ver_1.0_All.zip

Upvote 0

Installed latest drivers

run it
plug in phone

Saw the same thing. I just installed the USB Drivers and still didn't work, but keep on re-doing it.

Also put in USB Debugging Mode and Internet Mode also and it should try to recognizes it. If it doesnt keep on redoing over.
I'm at 99% Install waiting on COMPLETE SOFTWARE UPDATE.

Upvote 0
With all the problems popping up here...maybe wait till root until can do testing...going to pull the D system first then reboot and root D ..results to follow:thumbup:

funny i had no problems rooting and cwm. think people aren't fallowing stuff right. im wondering if they are trying to update over a custom rom instead of being on stock rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones