• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {GUIDE x2} Update to ZVD/Root ZVD

EDIT after tons of re-try's it finally saw my phone. Updating now....

Ok, cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Installed latest drivers
Downloaded and installed update program

run it
plug in phone
it still says "disconnected"

I have tried it in "internet only" mode, charging only mode, and in mass storage mode. What am I doing wrong?

make sure you are using the usb cable that came with the phone ive had problems like this this before where the cpu doesnt see the phone

Upvote 0
It is stock but it keeps your old apps/settings. You should still hard reset the phone though since there could be issues due to old settings.

I have had zvd on my phone since 7am eastern this morning, I haven't had any issues, working great, and I did wipes of everything before i upgraded

other people seem to be having problems trying to upgrade, i was throwing out ideas on why they maybe having troubles.

Reactions: JETMAKERO
Upvote 0
Ok ya guys after much issues, I have zvd,

I have Idriftas, IDK 1.7 running, with no problems, I
did have a CWM loop for 3 hours while at work.

I am able to overclock to, my set before 2.0 ghz without a reboot.

speed test shows alittle bump in speed and i have better signal, I have never had full 4g bars in my house

as well as the baseband is different. I will post any problems I have I will try and force my phone to reboot

lets see here where to start....

so first reboot caused by tethering, and netflixing dang it :p

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
hi guys! just upadated to D and can not root,,.. did root the zvc and it say that i am rooted but set cpu and other rooted app can not detect root, did also factory reset but never help as well

NOW ROOTED!!! the problem appears to be the computer I am using at work,... when i got home did everything from my laptop and everything works just fine,,..

will play with ZVD now and will hit you up guys when something comes up :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones