[Guide] Your FIRST STOP...14 How To Guides...for your Galaxy S phone...you gotta check this out!!!!!Tips

Last Updated:

1. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This link is awesome. 14 How to Guides...just click the link and enjoy.

Samsung Galaxy S guides, FAQ, tips and tricks - Samsung Galaxy S - Know Your Cell

Or more specifically:
    http://www.knowyourcell.com/samsung/samsung-vibrant/

Edit:
    The guide that explains how to download youtube videos seems to be outdated or something, because it doesn't work. So here is a workaround for now, until someone figures out a way to download YouTube videos directly to your phone. The workaround is to instead download the Youtube video to your computer, then transfer it over to your phone using the USB cable.

Steps To Downloading YouTube Videos To Your Computer:

1) Visit this link first http://www.deturl.com/bookmarklet-to-directly-download-videos-from-youtube.asp

2) Next, you will see a "bookmarklet" link named "PwnYouTube" right click on that, and add that to your favorites. You only have to do this once. If you are curious to know what a bookmarklet is, then Visit http://www.techsupportguides.com/what-is-a-bookmarklet/

3)Now, whenever you want to download youtube videos, just go to youtube, search for your favorite video. Once you find your video, click it as if you wanted to play the video. Once the video opens, you can feel free to stop the video, or watch it, it's up to you. Just leave the page open.

4)Then, within that page, go to your favorites, and simply click the boomkarlet we created in step one, the one named "PwnYouTube."

5)Finally, in your browser a yellow bar will pop up, asking you what format you want to download the video in. I prefer "HQ MP4." Click that, save the file to a file name of your choice but add ".mp4" to the end of it. Allow the video to download to your computer

6)Attach your Galaxy S Phone via usb to your computer, mount the phone, transfer the video from your computer to your phone, and you can now watch it from the phones video player.

*Optional Step* If you want the video formatting to look perfect on your phone, after downloading the video file to your phone, follow the steps in the how to guide that explains how to convert files for playing on the Galaxy S Phone, this will optimize the video for your phone, but is completely optional.

If someone can figure out a way to allow the stock Android browser to permit "bookmarklets" that would permit direct downloading to your phone. Let me know if you figure out a way!

Update:
    Here are some more videos!
    http://support-us.samsung.com/spstv/galaxys/howto_list.jsp?carrier=TM

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I have yet to find the wallpaper with the balls of wool..... Anyway, adding to sticky thread.

edit: Modified your thread title to make things to include a guide tag. Had to delete a few exclamation marks. Hope you don't mind.

4. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

the downloading youtube videos to your sd does not work. lol.

5. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

6. SamsungVibrant

thats fine, I did an edit to include a temporory work around for the youtube video, until someone else figures out how to make that bookmarklet work on Android.

7. SamsungVibrant

I posted a workaround, kinda sucks can't download directly to your phone, but its better than nothing.

8. galaxyS

galaxyS Well-Known Member

i know a way to directly download to your phone

on your browser.. go to the youtube site.. make sure it's on "desktop" view , not the mobile view

then search the video you want to watch..

when you get to that video and of course it wont play because we dont have flash 10.1 yet, (coz we are using the browser here)..

but go ahead and add "pwn" on the URL adress of that video you want to see (ex..
    h t t ://www.pwnyoutube.com/whatever the adress is blah blah blah..)
    you will only need to add "pwn", OK?
    then click search or go..

it will direct you to "deturl" page, and look for "dirpy" and click on that..
    then it will direct you to the "dirpy" site along with the video from youtube..
    then zoom in , at the bottom you will be able to "record video", then choose the format you want to save it in..

360.mp4
    360.flv
    480.flv etc.. etc..

then it will download automatically and you get the video and play it, and save it!!.. :)

been doing it for quite a while now..

ENJOY!!!

9. galaxyS

oh and the video file will be saved automatically in your file app.. ;)

10. SamsungVibrant

agoodmojo likes this.
  11. galaxyS

actually just go to dirpy.com on your web browser then search the video you want to download then save.. it's a lot easier.. LOL

lol

12. Shane D

Shane D Member

Thanks very much for the link to shortcuts!! I changed my wall paper (I love that water!) and more importantly set up my e-mail.

VERY handy.:D

Shane D