• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDES] Downgrade ZVD/ZVC To ZVB/Emer. PB Recovery

Just updated it yesterday with screenshots...hmm now its gone. Looking for the original file to upload to dropbox for you. unu momento :)

I have all the files. I just dont know what I'm suppose to do know. Do I just plug my phone into my computer? seems too good to be true

ps: I'm glad your up as late as I am because I hate giving up but I dont want to screw up my new phone

Upvote 0
I have all the files. I just dont know what I'm suppose to do know. Do I just plug my phone into my computer? seems too good to be true

ps: I'm glad your up as late as I am because I hate giving up but I dont want to screw up my new phone

I work midnights and am off tonight..not a problem at all.

Strange thing just reloaded this thread (Firefox) and all the screenshots show now in the original post.. :thinking: See if they appear for you .

I will walk you through if not.

Reactions: demarsjcd
Upvote 0
I work midnights and am off tonight..not a problem at all.

Strange thing just reloaded this thread (Firefox) and all the screenshots show now in the original post.. :thinking: See if they appear for you .

I will walk you through if not.
They didn't show up this morning as well but I got your pm. The dropbox link worked perfect. I ended up falling asleep on my laptop (full time college student and job) lol. Thanks a million. That's strange that the pics didn't show up.
At first I thought it was firefox then I tried IE and it showed the little red x's where the pics were suppose to be. I finally booted into my linux OS and the same thing happened. I was starting to think I was going crazy because I skimmed this thread like 2 hours before posting and every thing was showing and came back to just text in the OP. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
came up with an error while installing the lgnpst componets.

Try this. Right click on the component install file, and click on Repair, then try installing it again. I got the same exact problem you are having. That's what I did to get it to install. I would also reboot the PC after each install just in case. Hope that helps! :D

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
Guide works great! Thanks, fully rooted and ready to rock.
Congrats! I know the feeling. i believe that the ones that are still stuck trying to accomplish downgrading & not understand this method need to take a deep breath, read the intsruction very carefully, & figure out what they are doing wrong. i was beating my head thinking it was the instructions, phone, or the software. i step back & i realize tweaking my CPU, & manage to get it going (2 days dont laugh).

Upvote 0
Congrats! I know the feeling. i believe that the ones that are still stuck trying to accomplish downgrading & not understand this method need to take a deep breath, read the intsruction very carefully, & figure out what they are doing wrong. i was beating my head thinking it was the instructions, phone, or the software. i step back & i realize tweaking my CPU, & manage to get it going (2 days dont laugh).

I hear ya there intrdrgn!;)
I had printed out the whole previous thread and was trying to see the fix for each error as I encountered them. Was hoping to make this process "not as painful" for anyone else who wanted the B version back. Pay it forward! :D

Reactions: macp and intrdrgn
Upvote 0
does anyone know what the zvc update looks like? is there any changes to the style of the OS they are running on LG Esteem?

It looks the same as B. I have a system pull from C and made a stock C ROM but the B kernel won't boot and the oc kernels we have break everything. So thing you don't see (source code, kernel, etc) have changed but the UI and everything look the same. I emailed LG about releasing the source code for the C update and they messaged me back and basically said we'll release it and email you when we do. That was like a week ago.

Reactions: gbiggie
Upvote 0
LG%20ESTEEM%20C%20to%20B.docx

First off many thanks to dual18 for the original post on this much needed process. Props to matter0ni also who contributed much information needed to help the process run a bit cleaner. And anyone else I forgot to mention. All the links for downloads are the working ones from the previous thread.

ONWARDS TO SW version MS910ZVB

Prior to beginning back up all important documents, pictures, contacts, settings, etc. on your Esteem. Nothing was deleted on my phone after it was downgraded but better to be safe.

This is the dropbox public link with screenshots included:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53413549/LG ESTEEM C to B.docx
viewer

viewer

viewer

viewer

viewer

viewer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones