• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guitar Chords on a tablet instead of binders

I recently downloaded a program for the pc called calibre that EASLY converts from one type pf document format to another, and the 1st thing i did was convert a PDF book to EPU and it worked GREAT. That would probably be your best bet. Go to kinkos or something and have them scan them to PDF on their big HP9000's, then run them through Calibre.
I play as well, what type of music are you into? I have a LOT of PDF sheet musc I can throw some on my AUGEN and see how it looks if you want.

Upvote 0
mindwave: We do a lot of Christian youth events (Catholic to be precise).

But we throw in secular covers all the time. And it is fun to be able to take requests, but right now I have 4 binders and lots more on the computer of secular and christian music (and my own music that I don't know all the songs.)

We can do a 2 hour concert with no music, but when we start to get into specific request and events, it would be nice to have all of our songs on a little tablet.

I would love to see how your music looks on your AUGEN. How do you like that?

Upvote 0
mindwave: We do a lot of Christian youth events (Catholic to be precise).

But we throw in secular covers all the time. And it is fun to be able to take requests, but right now I have 4 binders and lots more on the computer of secular and christian music (and my own music that I don't know all the songs.)

We can do a 2 hour concert with no music, but when we start to get into specific request and events, it would be nice to have all of our songs on a little tablet.

I would love to see how your music looks on your AUGEN. How do you like that?

let me see what I can do about getting you a shot tonight. you MAY however, find that ANY 7" screen is a tad small for sheet music. I know that TAB is easier to read and takes up less real estate, I've never searched fro an android TAB reader, I'll see if I can find one.

But traditional sheet music (what I use will probably be very small on a 7, which is why I'm holding out for a 10.

I know that there is a "digital" music reader available
Amazon.com: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Plus: Musical Instruments
the cheapest system is $500 and its a 10"

but like I said let me see if there is a TAB app and I'll try and screen shot the pdf tonight.

j

Upvote 0
heres a shot from the SDK SIM for one of the TAB CHORD Apps, this is on a simulated 10" screen

Attachments

• TUXDROIDLITE.jpg
    TUXDROIDLITE.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
The only reason I would want to get a tablet is to put guitar chords on it.

I cover songs often and have 4 large binders of songs that I travel with.

Does anyone know of a way that I could put them all on a tablet and take that to gigs instead of the binders?

I'm in the same boat and have been considering the same thing. All of my TABS are in MS Word. I plan on using the full version of Documents to Go to view on a tab. Probably will use Dropbox to stay synced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones