guitar headphone amp and recording studio

Last Updated:

1. g1_

g1_ Member This Topic's Starter

I've got an idea and am looking to see if other people would like to get involved.

Background:
    I recently moved into a new flat and as a result can't really use my bass amp at more than about 1 out of ten without disturbing my neighbours. I've been meaning to buy a headphone amp for practising but haven't gotten round to it yet. However I thought why not use my android phone as a headphone amp. You'd just need to split the sterio jack into headphones and input. Which shouldn't be hard to knock together.

So that's step one, a simple headphone amp for guitar.

Next, I like to practice with a drum machine. So I reckon being able to mix drum loops, or what ever, into the mix would be cool.

From there it would be cool to develop a simple recording studio (I'm thinking similar to garage band). A few samples built into the application and allow the user to download more samples from the internet.

Lastly, it would be cool to add a community aspect the app. For example allow users to upload tracks online and others to overdub additional tracks.

It would also be nice if these projects could export / import from garage band.

So I'm thinking about starting up an open source project and am looking to see if anyone else is interested in getting involved.

Let me know:

Advertisement
  2. g1_

g1_ Member This Topic's Starter

To add to this it would be cool to use the phone as a guitar effects pedal. Also using the motion sensor to trigger wah effects and such :)

3. satori

satori New Member

IKMultimedia just came out with this for iPhone. Probably won't be long till someone has something like this for Android.

4. andoird213

andoird213 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Wondering if there's been any development in this project over the last year? Would be very interested in some software like this!