• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gutted, lack of Desires

Dudditz

Android Enthusiast
May 25, 2010
Dundee
Just been into my local T-Mobile store to check if they will have the Handsets in come Friday, when I am due my upgrade.

Was advised they won't be getting them in stock until the end of the next week which isn't too bad, except as demand is high stock will likely be kept for new customers :mad:

Called up T-Mobile and they said they have a big backlog and it could be a month before I get the handset :mad:

Checked with another couple of providers in the shops in town and they are out of stock too and don't know when they will be back in.

Really not wanting to wait a month on this...

Seems this is a popular handset...

Haven't they just announced really crappy data policies?

What's these crappy data policies you mention mate ?

I'm on Vodafone with a Blackberry and am looking to upgrade to the desire on 25th June.

When I looked on the Vodafone website yesterday the data package was as its been for weeks. It states on the price plan that its 500mb a month however when you click for a detailed breakdown of the tariff it states unlimited mobile internet.

I've read somewhere that the 500mb is quoted for fair usage reasons and that people haven't been charged when they have gone over the 500mb.

Do you have other information because I don't want to upgrade and then be limited with data ?

My current plan has unlimited internet so I'm going to tell them I want exactly the same deal with the upgrade, hopefully they will accommodate me !!!!

Upvote 0
Bully check here, the Bitterwallet have written a couple of open letters to Vodafone regarding the data plans and as far as I remember it's no longer a fair usage policy but an over limit charge.... (does that make sense? Probably not but it explains it all the the various articles). Read through, all the details are on there on various posts, including the letters and Vodafones replies.

Worth mentioning though that the Desire will get 1Gb usage policy for net use.

I just wouldn't go with Voda because, well, I just don't like them...

Reactions: Bully74uk
Upvote 0
With T-Mobile you get at the very least 1gb and you should get 3gb (standard for Android phones direct from T-Mobile) and you won't be charged for exceeding your quota.

Ian

What's these crappy data policies you mention mate ?

I'm on Vodafone with a Blackberry and am looking to upgrade to the desire on 25th June.

When I looked on the Vodafone website yesterday the data package was as its been for weeks. It states on the price plan that its 500mb a month however when you click for a detailed breakdown of the tariff it states unlimited mobile internet.

I've read somewhere that the 500mb is quoted for fair usage reasons and that people haven't been charged when they have gone over the 500mb.

Do you have other information because I don't want to upgrade and then be limited with data ?

My current plan has unlimited internet so I'm going to tell them I want exactly the same deal with the upgrade, hopefully they will accommodate me !!!!

Upvote 0
Bully check here, the Bitterwallet have written a couple of open letters to Vodafone regarding the data plans and as far as I remember it's no longer a fair usage policy but an over limit charge.... (does that make sense? Probably not but it explains it all the the various articles). Read through, all the details are on there on various posts, including the letters and Vodafones replies.

Worth mentioning though that the Desire will get 1Gb usage policy for net use.

I just wouldn't go with Voda because, well, I just don't like them...

Thanks Dudditz

Ive checked out the site you linked to and all in all its a little confusing !

This is the link to the vodafone plan im considering for my upgrade:

600 Minutes + Unlimited Texts for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones