Guys dont turn into iphone-like douche bags...

Last Updated:

1. RayKinStL

RayKinStL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just wanted to remind everyone that even though this phone is sweet (I love mine), don't start acting like a typical d-bag when they get their iPhone. You all know exactly what I'm talking about. Certainly if someone asks about the phone then share your feelings, but don't be reminding everyone you have a sweet phone every 4 seconds. I've seen so many people turn into total asswads the second they get their iPhone, and I don't want my fellow android brothers suffering the same fate. Enjoy the phone everyone =D

Advertisement
  2. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

Very good post! I have turned into one of those people and I haven't even ordered mine yet. Thanks for the reality check :)

3. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

Some are Dbags some just want to share the Android thing with others but eventualy they come out as self important jerks because of it :D

4. rayjack8

rayjack8 Member

haha true that

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

telling a dbag to not be a dbag is like telling a duck not to be a duck. if you are a dbag, i don't care if you carry a jitterbug, it's gonna shine through in your posts.

6. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member

i only do this to my friends with iphones

7. TaeKwonDonkey

TaeKwonDonkey Active Member

Same I have a friend with an Iphone 3g and when I had my mt3g, everyday I would boast about its video capabilities just to see him get mad lol

8. scottricketts

scottricketts Active Member

I have been restrained in my joy.

9. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

HA! I act like a dbag to the iphone ***** that work here with me. I'm surrounded by them. i find something new and I say Ha! take that iphone! (but usually the iphone can do it and do it better...lol) I have reinforcements coming in. I got two other fellow employees to buy android phones and one other decided on there own. So we have 1 hero, 2 eris's and 1 motorola droid. If someone has a moment we dont count them in tho....lol J/J!!!

10. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

11. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

it is too late....seen a lot of non team posts lately...

same team people, same team.

12. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

How old are you?

13. ALIHISGREAT

ALIHISGREAT Well-Known Member

I have a friend with no interest in phones that hardly uses his phone who got a 3Gs on a very nice contract for christmas...

I on the other hand got a HTC tattoo on a not so nice contract...

needless to say he has been a total cock ever since...

That is why i am trading in the Tattoo for an N1!

14. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

This thread is insulting, suggesting that the typical iPhone owner is a douchebag. The reality is that there are plenty of them [douchebags] out there- given the popularity of the iPhone, some are bound to make their way into the hands a few jerks.

15. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

All iPhone owners are D-bags, all Vectra owners drive up your arse and I can't believe I replied to this thread...

16. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

While I agree with the OP, I have to defend iPhone users. They can't help their douchey-ness. If your skinny jeans were so skinny that blood hasn't flowed to your nutsack since 2007 you would be pretty douchey too. And anyone with a haircut so bad people call it "emo" is only going to pour gas on that fire. Lighten up on them.

17. summerboy18

summerboy18 Guest

What is going on with people on this forum? I thought only iphone users had skew view on other smartphone users but now i see its just the personality rather than phone they have that makes up fanboy or just...plain ignorant [insert]. Very well posting buddy...way to low your status.

18. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

lol, who cares about a damn phone, it's a stupid phone. I mean, I like my N1, but why in the world would I try to show it off. I only show it to people who are interested.

19. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

I hate when i see people showing off their iphone i work in retail and there is always someone waiting in line or while their paying, they pull out their iphone just cuz they think its cool. Annoys the hell out of me just keep it to yourself unless someone wants to look at it.

20. JSchu22

You mean they actually take their phone out? And use it?! The nerve of some people.

21. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Thing is, most of my iPhone owning friends don't show off their iPhone - they know as well as everyone else that they are old news now.

22. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Mine are the contrary. Most of my iPhone-owning friends (and family... literally, my whole family own iPhones) don't show off their iPhone because 1) They've owned it for some time now and the novelty of showing off their phone has worn off, and 2) They know that their iPhone is better than whatever you're carrying. Why? Because you can't draw a crowd by showing that your phone can multi-task. But you can draw a crowd with a well-executed and designed iPhone app. Google Sky only holds their attention for about 5 seconds.

23. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

Not necessarly use it, they just pull it out to show me they have it because i guess "its cool"..Oh especially when i ask if they have the store card, alot of them have the rewards cards app where i can scan the barcode off the phone. Im like ur coool lol

24. JSchu22

I'm not seeing why that would be an issue. But maybe I am seeing a bitter person.

25. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

mmm dont worry..... no N1 owner will have the opportunity to act like an "mmm dont worry..... no N1 owner will have the opportunity to act like an "iphone douche bag" because N1 users have nothing to show off.....chances are, the person you're showing off ur phone to will chuckle at the FC popups u keep getting and the 3g/edge blinking.....off course, i dont expect anyone to make fun of your "apps" because i expect you to be wise enough not to show the android "apps" to anyone, unless it's another android/google apologist like MML....