• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guys dont turn into iphone-like douche bags...

RayKinStL

Jan 7, 2010
I just wanted to remind everyone that even though this phone is sweet (I love mine), don't start acting like a typical d-bag when they get their iPhone. You all know exactly what I'm talking about. Certainly if someone asks about the phone then share your feelings, but don't be reminding everyone you have a sweet phone every 4 seconds. I've seen so many people turn into total asswads the second they get their iPhone, and I don't want my fellow android brothers suffering the same fate. Enjoy the phone everyone =D

HA! I act like a dbag to the iphone ***** that work here with me. I'm surrounded by them. i find something new and I say Ha! take that iphone! (but usually the iphone can do it and do it better...lol) I have reinforcements coming in. I got two other fellow employees to buy android phones and one other decided on there own. So we have 1 hero, 2 eris's and 1 motorola droid. If someone has a moment we dont count them in tho....lol J/J!!!

Upvote 0
I just wanted to remind everyone that even though this phone is sweet (I love mine), don't start acting like a typical d-bag when they get their iPhone. You all know exactly what I'm talking about. Certainly if someone asks about the phone then share your feelings, but don't be reminding everyone you have a sweet phone every 4 seconds. I've seen so many people turn into total asswads the second they get their iPhone, and I don't want my fellow android brothers suffering the same fate. Enjoy the phone everyone =D
How old are you?

Upvote 0
While I agree with the OP, I have to defend iPhone users. They can't help their douchey-ness. If your skinny jeans were so skinny that blood hasn't flowed to your nutsack since 2007 you would be pretty douchey too. And anyone with a haircut so bad people call it "emo" is only going to pour gas on that fire. Lighten up on them.

Upvote 0
What is going on with people on this forum? I thought only iphone users had skew view on other smartphone users but now i see its just the personality rather than phone they have that makes up fanboy or just...plain ignorant [insert]. Very well posting buddy...way to low your status.

Upvote 0
I hate when i see people showing off their iphone i work in retail and there is always someone waiting in line or while their paying, they pull out their iphone just cuz they think its cool. Annoys the hell out of me just keep it to yourself unless someone wants to look at it.

You mean they actually take their phone out? And use it?! The nerve of some people.

Upvote 0
Thing is, most of my iPhone owning friends don't show off their iPhone - they know as well as everyone else that they are old news now.

Mine are the contrary. Most of my iPhone-owning friends (and family... literally, my whole family own iPhones) don't show off their iPhone because 1) They've owned it for some time now and the novelty of showing off their phone has worn off, and 2) They know that their iPhone is better than whatever you're carrying. Why? Because you can't draw a crowd by showing that your phone can multi-task. But you can draw a crowd with a well-executed and designed iPhone app. Google Sky only holds their attention for about 5 seconds.

Upvote 0
Not necessarly use it, they just pull it out to show me they have it because i guess "its cool"..Oh especially when i ask if they have the store card, alot of them have the rewards cards app where i can scan the barcode off the phone. Im like ur coool lol

I'm not seeing why that would be an issue. But maybe I am seeing a bitter person.

Upvote 0
mmm dont worry..... no N1 owner will have the opportunity to act like an "mmm dont worry..... no N1 owner will have the opportunity to act like an "iphone douche bag" because N1 users have nothing to show off.....chances are, the person you're showing off ur phone to will chuckle at the FC popups u keep getting and the 3g/edge blinking.....off course, i dont expect anyone to make fun of your "apps" because i expect you to be wise enough not to show the android "apps" to anyone, unless it's another android/google apologist like MML....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones