• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

guys look what i just found on the google nexus one support forum =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever cracked that screen certainly did some damage either on purpose or through carelessness.

1. A bar phone touch device without protection is hilariously stupid and you deserve a broken device for not using it.

2. Those cracks didn't just magically appear by themselves. They also didn't come from someone pressing on the screen, unless they were pressing with a hammer.

3. If you have one phone and you F it up, perhaps learn to put protection on the second one and not treat it like it's made out of steel.

Upvote 0
ive said in 4 threads im getting it on friday.

and i said 2 of my close budds have the nexus.\

I really hope you don't get it. You are way too negative about it before you even bought it.
I never thought I would say that to anyone but after all.....you should either be happy and excited you are getting one, or not even bother, save money and time on the forum, and stick to your iphone.

Upvote 0
A bar phone touch device without protection is hilariously stupid and you deserve a broken device for not using it.

While I think the concern raised by this thread is absolutely absurd, I don't agree with this point. If I'm willing to accept minor nicks and scratches, I should not be obligated to encase my phone in a protective material. We should be able to have an expectation that the quality is such that, through normal use, other than expected wear and tear, the device will last as is.

If I choose to go unsheathed and carry it in my pocket, put it in a cup holder or on the passenger seat in my car, and use the phone as it's designed, not having it in a case should not be an excuse for a manufacturer to absolve themselves of responsibility for the device to function as designed.

Take the early Palm Pre as an example - there were numerous reports of the screen cracking from the pressure of being carried in a front trouser pocket. Completely unacceptable in my mind. On the other hand, if I choose to toss my N1 across the room at the TV screen when my team loses a game, I pretty much deserve whatever condition I find the phone in when I go fish it out of the TV.

I guess what I am saying is, I expect to be able to carry the phone in a pocket, use it as a normal human being would exercise a smart phone, and not have to worry about it exploding in my hands when I pull it out of a pocket. I'm pretty confident the N1 allows me to realize that expectation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones