• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guys! Try out GDE homescreen cube! AMAZING!!!

OK, so I just installed it and it launched once. I then chose the normal home screen as the standard and Im trying to relaunch GDE but cant find it anywhere on my phone. Its not on my apps page and its not listed as a widget? Any one know?

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Press the menu key and select "Filter". Change the option to "All". Now find the basic application called "Home". Select it, and on its menu, press the "Clear Defaults" button. You will then be given the option to set a new default when you press your home key.

Upvote 0
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Press the menu key and select "Filter". Change the option to "All". Now find the basic application called "Home". Select it, and on its menu, press the "Clear Defaults" button. You will then be given the option to set a new default when you press your home key.

I am also trying to install this. When I go to th "Home" clear defaults screen the button is not high-lighted and says no defaults set. What am I missing?

Upvote 0
I installed this, based on all the excitement in this thread! Have to say I was disappointed in it :( First, when I changed themes, the only thing that changed was the icons. Secondly, it was hard as hell to find the settings menu for this thing! Pull up center menu, then find the minute area on the faaaaar left of the draw up menu to side scroll to the settings. Took me about 12 attempts to get there, and it never got better. Screens: farthest left screen has 2 greyed out areas that you can't drop ANY widget/shortcut into??? They just won't "go" there. Never could get shortcuts/widgets to disappear after I set them, no trash can?? Uninstalled this out of sheer frustration :( I've been waiting for a theme application that works well on the droid, still looking :(

Upvote 0
If you haven't selected a default home app just hit the home button. It should ask you which Home you want to use.
thanks...i had already done that....clicked te "home" button to get back to it...lol

Did you tap and hold on the far left or right of the dock?

not sure what you mean by "dock" i'm using the cube setting
n/m...i got it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones