• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Guys! Try out GDE homescreen cube! AMAZING!!!

aight,feeling like an idiot now. somehow i got back to the regular home screen and can't get back to gde????how????

Just go to the market/ your downloads/ click on GDE or any home replacement/open it/ then menu/more/task manager/ click on home/clear defaults. Then hit home and it will give you the option to select which ever home replacement you have installed:D

Upvote 0
Something else strange. I have the center button set to all applications but it brings up the GDE screen with apps,Finder and control panel. My original settings button now brings up the apps, what can I do to correct this? Also the settings button works correctly when an app is opened.

Sorry for the aggravation but I am new to the android smart phone world.

Upvote 0
Something else strange. I have the center button set to all applications but it brings up the GDE screen with apps,Finder and control panel. My original settings button now brings up the apps, what can I do to correct this? Also the settings button works correctly when an app is opened.

Sorry for the aggravation but I am new to the android smart phone world.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I want the "Menu" button (the one on the screen) to bring up just my applications like it does on the regular phone and I want my settings button (the one that looks like lines of text) to open up the control panel. I can do the reverse, but the "Menu" button will always open up to whatever I was last viewing, so if I open up apps with the "Settings Button" and then try to open up the control pane with the "Menu Button" it brings me back to the applications menu.

otherwise I'm a fan. I think it's has the smoothest transitions I've seen so far.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one irked by the fact that the Droid's high-resolution screen shows unadapted, "inferior" UI's with low quality? Obviously it's nothing the Droid can do about it, the screen is amazing. That is the only thing stopping me from installing apps like GDE, and having me stick to Open Home instead.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one irked by the fact that the Droid's high-resolution screen shows unadapted, "inferior" UI's with low quality? Obviously it's nothing the Droid can do about it, the screen is amazing. That is the only thing stopping me from installing apps like GDE, and having me stick to Open Home instead.

You know I just installed this 5 minutes ago. As soon as I switched to it, I noticed something was different but couldn't figure it out. Then I realized by your post what it was.. It was a grainy background. Just looked odd to me.

Upvote 0
You know I just installed this 5 minutes ago. As soon as I switched to it, I noticed something was different but couldn't figure it out. Then I realized by your post what it was.. It was a grainy background. Just looked odd to me.

Yeah, many, if not most apps are like this for the time being, since nothing is really optimized for the gorgeous 854

Upvote 0
One gripe: it looks like it spreads backgrounds into 2 screens instead of 3 like the default home app. Not a big deal, but I like having 3 unique screens and not repeats (plus it made my badass old background look a lot less cool now that its not centered).

It also makes the cube substantially less cool :/

Upvote 0
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Press the menu key and select "Filter". Change the option to "All". Now find the basic application called "Home". Select it, and on its menu, press the "Clear Defaults" button. You will then be given the option to set a new default when you press your home key.
:eek: Holy $%@!, who would know that? Thanks so much, I've been so frustrated for hours. finally i get to play:D

Upvote 0
This is the first app i actually paid for and it's well worth it - great job! One thing I noticed is that in landscape mode on the Hero theme, the graphics for the navigation buttons don't line up (could be the theme's fault i guess).

The one feature request I have is that I could put my own shortcut on the right button. I use Handcent SMS and when I use that for the default "SMS" function, it starts an sms with no "TO" which kinda breaks it.

Also, would like to reverse the functionality of the pull-up menu and the menu button. I'd rather have the pull up bring up all my apps and the menu button bring up the config menus.

Overall, great app thought! thanks a lot

Upvote 0
The one feature request I have is that I could put my own shortcut on the right button. I use Handcent SMS and when I use that for the default "SMS" function, it starts an sms with no "TO" which kinda breaks it.

You can :) go to your contol panel by the bottom drawer then click button settings. the second option down lets you change the button action.

EDIT: I use Handcent to and have mine set on the shortcut... although i just noticed even that comes up with no TO:.... might be a bug

Upvote 0
I am also trying to install this. When I go to th "Home" clear defaults screen the button is not high-lighted and says no defaults set. What am I missing?

The clear default button is only visible if the main home is set to default and you have more than one home app installed.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that you said you got it to work.

Upvote 0
This is the first app i actually paid for and it's well worth it - great job! One thing I noticed is that in landscape mode on the Hero theme, the graphics for the navigation buttons don't line up (could be the theme's fault i guess).

Also, would like to reverse the functionality of the pull-up menu and the menu button. I'd rather have the pull up bring up all my apps and the menu button bring up the config menus.

Overall, great app thought! thanks a lot

Its not the theme that makes landscape messed up its the app. Just thought i'd let u know. I'm going back to standard till that bug is corrected

Upvote 0
I never use landscape mode on the home screen so I can live with that bug.

But I finally realized why I was experiencing slowdowns... I had the screen transitions set to Normal. Once I set it to Fade, it was incredibly snappy... who knew?!

That leads me to my next concern: occasionally when swiping right-to-left on my screen with pure calendar agenda, my background will go completely black and when I go back to pure calendar my background will stop displaying. anyone else having this?

Upvote 0
I never use landscape mode on the home screen so I can live with that bug.

But I finally realized why I was experiencing slowdowns... I had the screen transitions set to Normal. Once I set it to Fade, it was incredibly snappy... who knew?!

That leads me to my next concern: occasionally when swiping right-to-left on my screen with pure calendar agenda, my background will go completely black and when I go back to pure calendar my background will stop displaying. anyone else having this?

Same problem here with the black issue, losing my wallpaper completely, i just uninstalled it and got a refund. Amazes me how many paid apps are just as bugged as the free ones. Never had this issue on iphone paid apps.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones