GV Application Dead On Incredible?Support

Last Updated:

1. airbourneone

airbourneone Member This Topic's Starter

I have not been successful placing a call from my VW Droid Inc. using the Google Voice application for over three weeks. It has been reported in the Google Voice forum that other device users are experiencing the same issue ("we are unable to complete this call."):mad:

Anyone else with an Inc. experiencing this problem on their Verizon Wireless DInc and if so have you been able to resolve?

I have tried both unblocking and blocking my caller ID prior to the call with no change in result.

Many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

works perfectly.

You must dial 1 + area code + local number

you can not just dial 555-5555

That's usually the first mistake when..... wait maybe they fixed this in an uprev... that might be old speak.

3. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

But that's the way I see them do it in the movies... :confused:

4. syntrix

They are using GV in the movies already? WUT?

5. airbourneone

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that it's working well for you.

Yes, I am dialing 1 area code plus number. That does not appear to be the issue for me. I have noted on the Google Voice Forum that others are also experiencing this error (unable to complete call).

My intention of posting this question is to get any feedback from other Droid Incredible users who may also be experiencing this.

Some have hypothesized that it may be specific to certain access numbers.

I can assure you that I have done a fair amount of trouble shooting including re-installing the application, unblocking my Caller ID, etc. with no such luck.

Anyone else having a problem?

Many thanks! :)

6. syntrix

Link to the thread!

Was it working on another phone previously? If so, what phone, what client?

Or is this a new setup?

7. airbourneone

Here's a link to the thread (there are others that can be found by searching with the GV Help Facility: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/thread?fid=771a48355c3e13fc000488b60300ec64&hl=en

It's on the Verizon Wireless network and is running the stock Android 2.1 O/S installed from Verizon.

It is not a new install and was working previously which leads me to believe it may be in local Verizon or Google issue with my 916 access number.

Others in the Google Voice forum on other android device have indicated the same problem.

I suspect it is a problem between Google and Verizon. I use GV very regularly and would prefer to let the application just pass the call through GV rather than dialing my GV number, entering my PIN and Selecting Option 2 to dial a number.

8. syntrix

VZ isn't blocking, mine works perfectly. However, have you installed any dialer type programs on the phone? IE a sip client that interrupts the call screen for choice, or something with a background task?

Do normal VZ voice calls work fine? Do GV txt's work ok?

I'm seeing the potential for a lot of left out information here. That thread is your thread, nothing general, just more specific.

Last resort, hard reset, don't install any apps, dont' sync. Install GV and go from there.

9. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

Yes been having this problem for 2 days now in SoCal

I started a post here maybe it can be combined?Google Voice Broken in SoCal? - Android Forums

10. airbourneone

Thanks; no SIP clients being used. Worked before then stopped working few weeks ago.