GV Forwards Calls...even when calling the NON GV #????

Last Updated:

1. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok...aside from my somewhat lame title...this is amazing. I was sitting around testing the PhoneTell app. I was calling my NON Google Voice phone number, the phone that receives GV calls and this is what i learned. Upon rejection of the phone call or if i miss the phone call it is automatically forwarding calls to my Google Voice Gmail account (voip)! Keep in mind I was NOT calling my Google Voice #. So upon rejection or missed call of your Normal number the call will be routed...and of course it will work as expected when actually calling your GV number.

This is astonishing and literally means no more missed calls. When I'm in a no signal zone it would seem like I don't have to go through the trouble of telling people my GV number as it will automatically route the call anyway?!

Can anyone explain when this started??

Advertisement
  2. bootsie

bootsie Well-Known Member

Always been that way as far as I know. You select which voicemail service you want durning setup. Mine has been this way forever

3. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm, i have never seen or heard of it before, either way its nice.

4. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

its what you do when you set up google voice. The *71 + (your regular number) forwards to your google voice number after