• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GV Not Working?

jprow507

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
So I downloaded GV (Google Voice Dialer) and it always says "login failed." I know the app is no longer official supported but wondered if anyone else had this issue or if they could successfully log on.

Kind of sucks because it looks like this is the only app that will route through Google Voice (without adds or dialing your GV number then PIN then #2 before making a call) unlike Flex Dialer.

So I downloaded GV (Google Voice Dialer) and it always says "login failed." I know the app is no longer official supported but wondered if anyone else had this issue or if they could successfully log on.

Kind of sucks because it looks like this is the only app that will route through Google Voice (without adds or dialing your GV number then PIN then #2 before making a call) unlike Flex Dialer.

There's another app: Google Voice Callback. Unfortunately, I am having the same problem with both GV and Google Voice Callback: login failed. I wonder if this is particular to the Incredible or if there's something else that's causing the login to fail. It might be worth it for you trying Google Voice Callback (which has the advantage of being supported by its creator :D ).

Please post back here if you find a solution!

Upvote 0
There's another app: Google Voice Callback. Unfortunately, I am having the same problem with both GV and Google Voice Callback: login failed. I wonder if this is particular to the Incredible or if there's something else that's causing the login to fail. It might be worth it for you trying Google Voice Callback (which has the advantage of being supported by its creator :D ).

Please post back here if you find a solution!

Thanks for the information. Does Google Voice call back act just like if you execute the call from a PC where your phone will then ring, you have to "answer" and then it calls out? If so, I found Flex Dialer to be a pretty decent alternative although the free version has a huge add attached to the program icon so it takes a whole 4 slots on a page.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. I just picked up my Incredible yesterday, put Google Voice on it, and it works fine? Not sure why you are having problems. I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary other than install and run/sign in...

I am not talking about the official Google Voice app which is called "Voice." I am referring to Google Voice Dialer (called "GV"). It allows calls to be directly routed out through your Google Voice number as opposed to dialing an intermediate number like the official app does. So this is beneficial to me to get free calls using F&F.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones