gyro / compass shake? (Yelp)Support

Last Updated:

1. geeknik_old

geeknik_old Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been asked and clarified elsewhere - rest assured, I spent some time searching before deciding to post.

With that out of the way, I've been a mostly-happy Captivate owner for nearly a week. I too have really poor GPS performance even post JH7. That said, I'm curious about compass/gyro's behavior on the phone.

I downloaded Yelp this evening to check it out and used its "monocle" (for those not familiar, this is where the image from the camera's shown, with different nearby restaurants and bars reviews overlaid on the image, based upon the direction you're holding the phone in - pretty neat, I think). Anyway, regardless of how still I hold the phone the little overlays shake as if I'm twitching the phone around.

I would have assumed that something similar would occur with Google's Starmap app, but that's fairly usable.

Any ideas about what the issue is? I assume the two apps handle the data from the gyro and compass differently... but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts.

Thanks,
    Geeknik

Advertisement
  2. geeknik_old

geeknik_old Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting the same thing in another app that does the same kind of thing (lookator).

Is anyone else experiencing the shaky overlay on top of images from the camera?

-Geeknik