• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gyroscope Sensor Calibration in CM11

bg4m3r

Android Expert
Nov 1, 2013
I seem to be having a problem with the Gyroscope Sensor on my phone. I recently flashed CM11 (which is great btw) and noticed that when turning the phone on its side the screen doesn't rotate until I go about another 45deg. To test things I downloaded Android Sensor Box. On the Gyroscope Sensor it seems to be registering 45deg for every 90deg of rotation, so turning the phone upside down (180deg) only rotates the box 90deg. This isn't a huge problem, but it is annoying and I can't find any apps that calibrate at the system level. I found and tried a few Terminal commands, but they didn't help either. Just hoping someone on here had some advice/experience.

I will say now that I enabled all 4 orientations in the CM settings.

All orientations work, that's not the problem. The problem is the gyroscope tracking. I did a little experimenting and installed PACMAN 4.4.2 (it just booted to a black screen with notification bar for some reason), then put CM11 on top of it. Screen rotation is working better, but using panorama or photospere mode in the camera is next impossible...I rotate the camera horizontal and the viewport on screen moves vertical. This is after installing the camera from here.

I tried that 'figure eight' calibration too, and it does no good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones