H17 with Evo 4GAccessories

Last Updated:

1. starkwead

starkwead New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I purchased the HTC Evo 4G on launch day, and about a week ago I bought the Motorola H17 bluetooth headset.

The problem I am having is that the voice prompts are not working at all. It says in the instructions manual to just press the call button and you should hear voice prompts. I am not hearing anything except a beep.

I looked further into the bluetooth settings on the Evo and there is nothing except FTP server settings. No bluetooth profile settings at all, even though it supposedly supports Bluetooth Headset, Hands free, A2DP, and FTP, as well as other standard profiles.

Can anybody help me, or am I missing something?

Thanks a lot,
    God Bless

Advertisement
  2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Go to Settings, Wireless, bluetooth. Pair then use. Right Swipe form main screen to use. BT works best when connecting call via phone first. Not as simple as others but is an Android issue not Evo.

3. starkwead

Oh okay, well that's a little annoying.. you can't program the bluetooth headset to use "Voice Prompts" automatically when the call button is pressed.

Hopefully there will be an application on the Android market that allows this to be possible.

4. hankbear

hankbear Active Member

My understanding is that voice dialing over bluetooth is not supported in 2.1, but will be in 2.2 (Froyo).

5. starkwead

Well that sounds promising.. because this update should be available pretty soon. Froyo has been available for HTC to work with for a little while now.. it's just a matter of weeks before it should be released for the Evo.

It's just kind of diminishing when my 8 year old phone supports bluetooth dialing and this new one doesn't.. lol.